Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Officer Throws Student To the Ground

Featured Replies

Times have changed? I guess I have been blessed to go to schools where students have acted like students and when disciplined they handled their discipline well enough to not get assaulted by the SRO. Then again, we didn't have SROs when I was in school. We got paddled in school when I was in school but that isn't done anymore I don't think.

 

They stopped paddling because you probably wore it out in your day. :lol2:

  • Replies 453
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where did I say I felt it was okay for kids to challenge authority? Not one time have I said that. Come on now, TAC. Don't make stuff up.

You have posted many times in this thread saying what the cop did was wrong. Only once, in post 199, do you even indicate that the girls actions may have had something to do with this incident or were not acceptable. It just doesn't sound like from your many posts in this thread that you think she has any accountability in this issue. I agree the cop may have appeared to be over the top. I've not seen all videos nor was I there though. Not saying she deserved what she got, but she could have avoided it. Maybe she was being a little extra rebellious due to her current home situation but she has shown no signs of respect. Her behavior is not acceptable.

You have posted many times in this thread saying what the cop did was wrong. Only once, in post 199, do you even indicate that the girls actions may have had something to do with this incident or were not acceptable. It just doesn't sound like from your many posts in this thread that you think she has any accountability in this issue. I agree the cop may have appeared to be over the top. I've not seen all videos nor was I there though. Not saying she deserved what she got, but she could have avoided it. Maybe she was being a little extra rebellious due to her current home situation but she has shown no signs of respect. Her behavior is not acceptable.

 

While that is true she is a child, the officer is an adult--that is the difference. He is supposed to know how to handle a situation like that without resorting to violence. She is definitely at fault for her actions but that doesn't excuse his actions.

^Not to speak for PP92, but I'm guessing that's because most felt it's common sense that she did something inappropriate. Teachers don't just ask students to leave for the hell of it. Thought that went without saying.

 

Conversely, I've yet to see quite a few posters acknowledge that the SRO's actions were completely excessive and unnecessary.

Several new videos out now that show the girl hitting and trying to kick the officer..

Several new videos out now that show the girl hitting and trying to kick the officer..

 

Where are those videos?

Several new videos out now that show the girl hitting and trying to kick the officer..

 

Girlfriend had on, I think the local Fox affiliate this morning and I heard them say that a new video has surfaced that showed the girl hitting the officer before the take down. I should have rewound it. I'll see if I can't find it.

Link doesn't include the video but:

 

Report: Clip shows SC girl hitting officer pre-slam | TheHill

 

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said late Tuesday that his office has the unreleased clip, the third depicting the confrontation the day before.

 

“[it shows the student] hitting the school resource officer with her fists and striking him,” Leon said.

 

“Even though [the student] was wrong for disturbing the class, I’m looking at what our deputy did,” he said of Fields.

 

“[i am] shocked and disturbed,” he added of footage documenting the incident.

I still think the officer was excessive with tossing her as he/after he gets her out of the desk. But I don't think he intentionally flips the desk over. Looks like he's trying to pull her out, she starts swinging and then the desk falls backwards.

 

I'd imagine it ain't easy pulling someone out of one of those desks because of the way they are shaped if they don't want to get out.

Several new videos out now that show the girl hitting and trying to kick the officer..

 

 

She didn't do anything until she started to fall backwards. I'm not sure about you but my first reaction if I start to fall backwards in a chair is to throw my hands up to try and regain balance. She flailed her arms and legs as she fell backwards--nothing more.

I still think the officer was excessive with tossing her as he/after he gets her out of the desk. But I don't think he intentionally flips the desk over. Looks like he's trying to pull her out, she starts swinging and then the desk falls backwards.

 

I'd imagine it ain't easy pulling someone out of one of those desks because of the way they are shaped if they don't want to get out.

 

I agree. Looked like she started swinging once he grabbed her around the neck/head area.

Yes haven't seen it yet but their claiming she struck him in some way.

 

One student filiming claimed she got what she deserved.

 

I'm going to stop committing on these incidents until all cell phone video has been turned in.(lol) So many different views its honestly hard to know what really happened unless you were sitting in the room.

I agree. Looked like she started swinging once he grabbed her around the neck/head area.

 

No, I think they are claiming it was before he grabbed her.

 

Hopefully someone finds a link to prove or disprove.

No, I think they are claiming it was before he grabbed her.

 

Hopefully someone finds a link to prove or disprove.

 

I'm assuming the video that MJ posted is the new one, and in that one she didn't touch him until he grabbed her.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.