Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Officer Throws Student To the Ground

Featured Replies

I have more of an issue with him picking her up and throwing her across the floor after he knocked her over in her chair. If he had simply tried to pull her from the desk and she turned over I don't think it would have been as big of a deal. However, once she turned over he picked her up and threw her across the floor. To me that is where it changes from simply trying to remove her from the room and into trying to inflict punishment and goes too far.

 

Then it shouldn't be a big issue if you are ok with the first part. He never picked her up and threw her. She never leaves the floor. He pulls her from the chair and then pulls and slides her across the floor.

 

I'm not defending him...but if you're ok with the first part just not him picking her up and throwing her then you should be okay with this because he never picks her up and throws her.

  • Replies 453
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Sidenote: I'm in a Twitter debate re: this. I simply asked some people who are saying the officer was way out of line what the appropriate next steps would be when she continued to refuse to leave?

 

Response from a lady with a Ph. D: Oh, I see that you're OK with officers beating children.

 

You can't even have a good rational debate any longer.

Sidenote: I'm in a Twitter debate re: this. I simply asked some people who are saying the officer was way out of line what the appropriate next steps would be when she continued to refuse to leave?

 

Response from a lady with a Ph. D: Oh, I see that you're OK with officers beating children.

 

You can't even have a good rational debate any longer.

 

When you have people respond to it (as some in this thread have) with "well, next time she'll listen", you can't help but wonder....

  • Author
When you have people respond to it (as some in this thread have) with "well, next time she'll listen", you can't help but wonder....

 

The challenge of Twitter is people reading into what you didn't type. But ask clarifying questions before throwing such nonsense out. Silliness.

The challenge of Twitter is people reading into what you didn't type. But ask clarifying questions before throwing such nonsense out. Silliness.

 

I'm not specifically talking about you or the Twitter exchange you're having.

 

I'm simply saying, based on some of the responses in this thread, I can understand why some may wonder that.

The challenge of Twitter is people reading into what you didn't type. But ask clarifying questions before throwing such nonsense out. Silliness.

 

The good and the bad of Twitter.

When you have people respond to it (as some in this thread have) with "well, next time she'll listen", you can't help but wonder....

 

So instead we should just continue to coddle the youth and condone their actions and forget about teaching lessons that will help make them better people when they grow up.

 

Yeah, that makes sense.

 

Hey Johnny teenager, don't worry about following the rules, just do do whatever you want regardless of who it affects or how it affects them.

 

Yep, it makes you wonder about people who have that train of thought...

  • Author
So instead we should just continue to coddle the youth and condone their actions and forget about teaching lessons that will help make them better people when they grow up.

 

Yeah, that makes sense.

 

Hey Johnny teenager, don't worry about following the rules, just do do whatever you want regardless of who it affects or how it affects them.

 

Yep, it makes you wonder about people who have that train of thought...

 

I don't think it's an either/or.

 

Can she be taught life lessons and be held responsible without being hurled across the floor?

Could be but when I watch this video I see a female sitting in her desk and then I see a grown man pick her and the desk up with her still in the desk, slam her and the desk to the floor and then toss her and the desk down the aisle. Then he gets on top of her and detains her while placing all of his force upon her. I see a man and a female child. A female child allegedly being disrespectful and then the female child is assaulted by the officer even though the child didn't pose a physical threat to the officer or anyone else in the room at the time of the assault. But because he is the officer of the law it is acceptable. Abusive husbands have the same mindset don't they?

 

"Why did you punch your wife?"

 

"Well, she wouldn't listen to me and was being disrespectful so I had to teach her a lesson."

 

 

Broad comparison? Maybe to some but to some his use of force is acceptable for a teenage girl who has "caused problems before because no one came to her defense". Sounds like that wife that "doesn't know her place" to me.

 

I don't condone how he did it at all. I think he went to far, as you said picking up the desk would of probably been a better result. I just read @Mayfield utopian post of how kids should be treated and I got sick.

 

The real problem is why was the SRO called in the first place. The teacher should be trained to handle that situation. But in our climate of lawsuits they are afraid to. So then we called in a officer who is trained to take someone into custody by any means possible and this is the result.

So instead we should just continue to coddle the youth and condone their actions and forget about teaching lessons that will help make them better people when they grow up.

 

Yeah, that makes sense.

 

Hey Johnny teenager, don't worry about following the rules, just do do whatever you want regardless of who it affects or how it affects them.

 

Yep, it makes you wonder about people who have that train of thought...

 

Never said that. Same result could've easily been accomplished without this guy going Brock Lesner on her. You yourself even said it was excessive. I'm speaking of those who have said, "she'll listen next time", or "I'd have no issue with him doing that to my child", or the ones who "have no issue whatsoever" with his actions.

I don't think it's an either/or.

 

Can she be taught life lessons and be held responsible without being hurled across the floor?

 

One would hope so.

Never said that. Same result could've easily been accomplished without this guy going Brock Lesner on her. You yourself even said it was excessive. I'm speaking of those who have said, "she'll listen next time", or "I'd have no issue with him doing that to my child", or the ones who "have no issue whatsoever" with his actions.

 

Same.

Coach says leave the gym. Player says no and sits on the bleachers. Coach slams player and tosses him across the gym floor and detains the player.

 

That's cool right?

 

Seen it happen to a teammate. He deserved it.

I don't think it's an either/or.

 

Can she be taught life lessons and be held responsible without being hurled across the floor?

 

Absolutely. And I've said multiple times he went to far. I just struggle with those that think it's all on the officer. He was in a no win situation.

Then it shouldn't be a big issue if you are ok with the first part. He never picked her up and threw her. She never leaves the floor. He pulls her from the chair and then pulls and slides her across the floor.

 

I'm not defending him...but if you're ok with the first part just not him picking her up and throwing her then you should be okay with this because he never picks her up and throws her.

 

If he didn't pick her up and toss her then how did she get from sitting in her desk to laying on the floor by the door? Come on now, JD.

 

He flipped her desk over while she was sitting in it and then hurled across the floor like a bowling ball while parts of her body were still wrapped around the desk. Is that a more accurate statement of his excessive abuse?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.