Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Officer Throws Student To the Ground

Featured Replies

So here is another question. Why are the Feds investigating it?

 

Is it because he is white and she is black?

 

Possible police brutality? Race doesn't always have to be a reason, and you can ask the Feds to come in and investigate.

 

Other reasons is that the sheriff also finds the actions of the deputy disturbing and that there are reports of the deputy using excessive force other times as well.

 

Someone mentioned about the deputy lifting like 600lbs in a gym photo or video? Possible roid rage?

  • Replies 453
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree, it should have been less violent.

 

Do you think he has any regrets using that specific word? (disturbing)

 

Not sure, I would like to believe that if a boss of an LEO makes a comment like that, it is after careful consideration.

We are seeing a lot of these videos lately, why? It's not that these things all of a sudden started happening, it's because almost everyone has a camera phone now, most have smart phones. So one would think that these events have been going on all the time.

 

But, as I said in my first post here, you have over 1 million LEO's in the US, if just 1% of LEO's are bad that is still 10,000. Any part of society you will have a very very small number that are bad apples.

The ironic part is that this started when the girl was told to put her phone away and here we have 2 different views filmed from phones that other kids have.

That is a broad comparison, saying a student disobeying an officer of the law is the same as a husband and wife not agreeing with each other.

 

Could be but when I watch this video I see a female sitting in her desk and then I see a grown man pick her and the desk up with her still in the desk, slam her and the desk to the floor and then toss her and the desk down the aisle. Then he gets on top of her and detains her while placing all of his force upon her. I see a man and a female child. A female child allegedly being disrespectful and then the female child is assaulted by the officer even though the child didn't pose a physical threat to the officer or anyone else in the room at the time of the assault. But because he is the officer of the law it is acceptable. Abusive husbands have the same mindset don't they?

 

"Why did you punch your wife?"

 

"Well, she wouldn't listen to me and was being disrespectful so I had to teach her a lesson."

 

 

Broad comparison? Maybe to some but to some his use of force is acceptable for a teenage girl who has "caused problems before because no one came to her defense". Sounds like that wife that "doesn't know her place" to me.

The ironic part is that this started when the girl was told to put her phone away and here we have 2 different views filmed from phones that other kids have.

 

Good thing they didn't get caught I guess.

He could have picked her up and carried her out of the classroom. It's obvious he had the strength to physically restrain her.

 

I'm not condoning his (in my opinion) excessive use of force, but I don't think picking her up would be an option. Scratching, kicking, and swinging in that event could put his health in danger, couldn't it? I know she didn't, but she was also not given the opportunity.

I agree the officer was a little over the top flipping her out of the chair. However, why do teachers or authority figures need to prove to students that they are making efforts?? The kids need to learn to respect authority when they are told to do something. Babying them and patting them on the back a thousand times is not going to get the point across, all that will do is teach them to stay stubborn and insubordinate until they get they want.

 

Jeez. Show me where I suggested babying her and patting her on the back. I have said consistently she was wrong. Thank you for agreeing the officer was a little over the top. I don't disagree that kids need to learn to respect authority, they do. That is why, and this answers your question about making efforts, that they should have done something else, and made those efforts. The kids who need to learn to respect authority will respect it much more if the authority is even-handed, fair, and reasonable. Throwing kids across the floor will not teach respect for authority. It will teach fear. The kid who did the one video said in an interview "he was afraid for his life." And he was just sitting there. Is that really what we are striving for when we say we want kids to respect authority?

I'm not condoning his (in my opinion) excessive use of force, but I don't think picking her up would be an option. Scratching, kicking, and swinging in that event could be his health in danger, couldn't it? I know she didn't, but she was also not given the opportunity.

 

Had he tried to do something other than what he did then I don't think this is a lengthy conversation. He didn't even try anything else. He went straight to his WWE moves.

I'm not condoning his (in my opinion) excessive use of force, but I don't think picking her up would be an option. Scratching, kicking, and swinging in that event could be his health in danger, couldn't it? I know she didn't, but she was also not given the opportunity.

 

I think had he tried to do that, and she did any of the things you mentioned very few in here would fault him for doing whatever he needed to do. She wasn't in any way being physically threatening. That's the issue most, IMO, have with it.

Had he tried to do something other than what he did then I don't think this is a lengthy conversation. He didn't even try anything else. He went straight to his WWE moves.

 

Yeah, but with the way those desks are shaped, I don't see him bear hugging her and pulling her out of the desk working any better to get her out of the desk. Granted I'm speculating that she would react to prevent it, which who knows if she would.

I think had he tried to do that, and she did any of the things you mentioned very few in here would fault him for doing whatever he needed to do. She wasn't in any way being physically threatening. That's the issue most, IMO, have with it.

 

I agree. He escalated it obviously, not her.

I agree. He escalated it obviously, not her.

 

Agreed. That's another issue also. Why did he go from 0-100 so fast?

He could have dragged the chair, with the girl in it, into the hallway.

Yeah, but with the way those desks are shaped, I don't see him bear hugging her and pulling her out of the desk working any better to get her out of the desk. Granted I'm speculating that she would react to prevent it, which who knows if she would.

 

Speculation on my part but I feel like he could have dragged her and the desk out in the hallway if needed. They say there is a video of him benching 600 pounds. I think he could have figured out a way to use his strength constructively.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.