Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Officer Throws Student To the Ground

Featured Replies

  • Replies 453
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and a bit later in that same article

And in this case, Lavarello from the School Safety Advocacy Council doesn't think this school resource officer should have ever been involved in what "should have been left in the school discipline area." Once the officer was involved, he could have deployed "a lot of strategies" like having the other students leave the room first.

 

 

oh hey, my crazy liberal idea was proposed by the spokesperson for the School Safety Advocacy Council. Probably a bunch of liberals too lol.

 

Yeah, makes sense, let's coddle the one who's disruptive. There must be something wrong in her life so let's let her do what she wants when she wants. Oh we'll do the same when she's a grown adult stealing and robbing to support her drug habit. That's where it will go, because if you don't correct the behavior now, she's not going to keep a job, no respect for people with authority.

Wow.

 

Amazed at some of you.

 

 

The officer showed that he was way way stronger than the female child. He could have picked her up and carried her out of the class room. He didn't have to pick her up and treat her like a bowling ball and jump on top of her. I have no problem with him physically restraining her if needed. I do have a problem with him tossing her across the damn classroom like a rag doll.

 

I'm like what @TheDeuce said. Good thing she didn't run at him. She probably would have gotten shot.

 

Wow. Such a disappointing thread.

And yes, the rest of the kids didn't want to get beat up by the officer so they stayed in their seats. That's a pretty simple conclusion to draw.

I think you've misread what I said.

 

Yep.

 

But I am still right about this generation being soft. :D

I bet she gets up and leaves the classroom next time she's told...

 

I bet we hear a few thousand times that she didn't do anything wrong. That she never should have been touched.

Wow.

 

Amazed at some of you.

 

 

The officer showed that he was way way stronger than the female child. He could have picked her up and carried her out of the class room. He didn't have to pick her up and treat her like a bowling ball and jump on top of her. I have no problem with him physically restraining her if needed. I do have a problem with him tossing her across the damn classroom like a rag doll.

 

I'm like what @TheDeuce said. Good thing she didn't run at him. She probably would have gotten shot.

 

Wow. Such a disappointing thread.

 

I think most agree that he could have physically handled it in a different way.

 

She was given multiple chances to comply, she didn't. I can't say she got what she deserved, but she definitely got a wake up call.

Another video in this link at the bottom.

 

Spring Valley: Why Wait for Facts?

 

Male teacher? No wonder he didn't want to force the issue. If you think it's bad with what the officer did, imagine what we'd be hearing if the teacher or male administrator had dragged her out of the classroom.

Wow.

 

Amazed at some of you.

 

 

The officer showed that he was way way stronger than the female child. He could have picked her up and carried her out of the class room. He didn't have to pick her up and treat her like a bowling ball and jump on top of her. I have no problem with him physically restraining her if needed. I do have a problem with him tossing her across the damn classroom like a rag doll.

I'm like what @TheDeuce said. Good thing she didn't run at him. She probably would have gotten shot.

 

Wow. Such a disappointing thread.

I agree with that. So, how would you propose he handle it? Asked multiple times and the student wasn't budging. How would you do it?

Male teacher? No wonder he didn't want to force the issue. If you think it's bad with what the officer did, imagine what we'd be hearing if the teacher or male administrator had dragged her out of the classroom.

 

It goes back to my point above. Some people are questioning why the SRO was involved at all. Well it's people with the mind sent of @Mayfield , who have put handcuffs on teachers having any sort of discipline power and fear of a lawsuit. So now instead teachers turn to the SRO who still has that power.

 

If we take the handcuffs off the teachers we can allow the SRO to do their real job.

Yeah, except for you are wrong. I don't like participation trophies. Nor do I like kids being assaulted in schools when they are posing zero physical threat to anyone.

 

There's a difference between an assault and a use of force.

I agree with that. So, how would you propose he handle it? Asked multiple times and the student wasn't budging. How would you do it?

 

He could have picked her up and carried her out of the classroom. It's obvious he had the strength to physically restrain her.

Many of these issues go away if parents teach children to ALWAYS follow the direction of law enforcement officers. If you're wronged, argue that with someone who cares, NOT the guy with the Glock.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.