Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Officer Throws Student To the Ground

Featured Replies

I'm going to soon

 

Get back to us then. I'm still searching for an excuse for why he did her like that when she posed zero physical threat to him.

  • Replies 453
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If this were a 16 year old boy I doubt it makes the news. After reading and thinking this over even more. I have no clue why a grown man would ever toss a female like that.

 

You may be right. That's been one of my points all along is that it is unacceptable for a grown man to treat a female in this manner when she isn't posing a physical threat.

He has to pick her up to hurl her. Even if he lifted her 2 inches off of the ground he still lifted her/picked her up. He didn't slide her across the floor. He threw her/hurled her down the floor. And the chair didn't flip over on it's own. He flipped the chair.

 

Her legs once flipped over never leave the floor. He drags her out of the flipped over chair and then hurls/slings/slides her across the floor towards the front of the classroom.

 

If you look also when the chair flips he's not touching it...He has ahold of her left leg and around her neck and is trying to pull her out of the chair.

 

Look I'm not defending him...just not sensationalizing what happened either.

I'm the licensed SRO here at the compound. Had my child tried that crap in (they wouldn't) school what they would have gotten at home would have made that look like a friendly game of twister.

 

My mom would have taken that long piece of hot wheels track (damm those hurt) and lite me up.

 

Saw similar incident many years ago. Kid was running mouth in history class. Head varsity football coach (late 50's) picks him and desk stright up in the air, more or less curling him and chair. There was a lot of noise and movement but it was all generated by the kid trying to clear his legs from the chair.(scared me) The chair fell off the kid at the door, coach lowered the kid and more or less drug him to the office.

 

Kid came back 3 days later, never said a word. That was my favorite class. ;)

Edited by True blue (and gold)
spelling

Of course that's not cool.

 

Coach(apple) -vs- Officer(orange), no comparison can be made here.

 

A coach can kick the player off the team. If the player continuously returns to practices and disrupts the practice, the coach will end up calling the authorities to deal with it.

 

The authorities were called to deal with this girl. While he was wrong in his approach, he was within his rights(according to the expert on CNN) to handle it as he saw fit.

 

 

According to this article several experts, including the head of a school resource officer's association, say that he was excessive. South Carolina School Officer's Actions 'Over The Line,' Experts Say - NBC News

 

The article also says that SROs frequently do remove the other students from the room and bring in other officers to deal with disruptive students.

Watch the video then......

 

Here is a link to Bishop T.D Jakes watching this video.

Two remarkable things about this video. One is Don Lemon's description of it. "she ended up on the ground." Two is that the Bishop starts off giving a standard type of talking head answer until the video gets to the part and then he just stops and says "wow" and "amazing" He wasn't going to be critical at all really, right up to the point he saw it.

Bishop T.D. Jakes reacts to Spring Valley High video - CNN Video

  • Author
If this were a 16 year old boy I doubt it makes the news. After reading and thinking this over even more. I have no clue why a grown man would ever toss a female like that.

 

That was absolutely the worse part and it would be with a male student as well.

  • Author
Absolutely. And I've said multiple times he went to far. I just struggle with those that think it's all on the officer. He was in a no win situation.

 

There's one adult in that equation. He needs to be smarter.

  • Author

Do we know what was going to happen had she simply complied with the officer? Where was she going? Punished? Arrested?

Do we know what was going to happen had she simply complied with the officer? Where was she going? Punished? Arrested?

 

I'm guessing she would have been sent to an alternative school. I think that's what they call them.

  • Author
I'm guessing she would have been sent to an alternative school. I think that's what they call them.

 

Any value in just waiting her out? She has to get up some time, correct?

My guess administrators had hit their limit of "please get up".

 

At this point the education process for all the other kids is being interrupted.

 

You also start to run the risk of other kids becoming belligerent when they see her getting by without any punishment.

I will estimate this had already gone on about 20 minutes, so who cares what the class learned. Move the rest out. Leave her in there. Call her parents. Suspend and start expulsion process.

Now your school is on the news and your administrators, teachers, local law enforcement, community, and nation is pitted against each other.

 

Pride and a lost lesson versus this :poop: Storm. I'll swallow my pride.

 

Those of you say parents should be teaching lessons of respect need to try an experiment: :poop: in one hand and wish parents teach respect in the other and see which one fills up faster. :)

Based on experience dealing with kids and overall parenting in society today.

 

There are no "perfect" kids...I know hat as well as any body on this site, and I'd say probably know it better than most. I know even "good" kids do stupid stuff and make mistakes, but most "good kids" that I know also would not have been this defiant and done what this girl did that lead to this event. Again, I don't know this for a fact, but just from this one event I can make a pretty good educated guess that this kid has been trouble before. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd bet I'm right.

 

I usually wind up seeing kids like this in handcuffs in front of the judge.

 

You'd be surprised the amount of crap teachers and administrators have to endure from some students. I hear the affidavits read aloud by the judge. If I had said half of what some say to teachers my parents would have adjusted my attitude by any means necessary.

Interesting thread. IMO, while the girl was a brat and probably a real problem at the school, she did NOT deserve to thrown around like that. Definitely excessive IMO.

 

That being said, I cannot see why anyone would want to be a teacher or cop today. Teachers have to deal with many kids who have no respect for authority (and their coddling parents) and cops have to make split second decisions and have so many who want to give EVERYBODY EXCEPT the cops the benefit of the doubt. If I was a cop, I would shut it down and do the absolute minimum and just try to get by each day without causing any waves. There are just too many people looking to catch a cop making a mistake...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.