Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Officer Throws Student To the Ground

Featured Replies

So, a crime is being committed. I wonder if he had told her she was under arrest if she would have gotten up out of the chair or if it would have happened the same way and she was then resisting arrest.

  • Replies 453
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evidently the sheriff didn't see things the way you did with his dismissal of the SRO.

 

Evidently the Sherriff is a spineless joke afraid for his own job.

  • Author

Sheriff said the SRO's act of throwing the student is what got him fired. It violated policy.

You have posted many times in this thread saying what the cop did was wrong. Only once, in post 199, do you even indicate that the girls actions may have had something to do with this incident or were not acceptable. It just doesn't sound like from your many posts in this thread that you think she has any accountability in this issue. I agree the cop may have appeared to be over the top. I've not seen all videos nor was I there though. Not saying she deserved what she got, but she could have avoided it. Maybe she was being a little extra rebellious due to her current home situation but she has shown no signs of respect. Her behavior is not acceptable.

 

My fault for not stating the obvious from the jump. I was so floored with folks loving the officer tossing her across the room that I guess I forgot to qualify my stance. My fault for agreeing with others who said they should have found other ways to discipline her without tossing her across the room. I thought that would show that I felt she was wrong. Let me be clear for you now.....not only was she wrong but if that were my kid then there would have been problems when I got my kid home. I hate when kids are disrespectful to adults and it is uncalled for and unnecessary. You still don't hurl them across the room when they do it. As an adult you have to have some kind of restraint. ESPECIALLY if your job is to be around kids everyday.

 

Is that better?

Edited by PurplePride92

In fairness the 2 adults/teacher/educators trained to be around kids every day showed all kinds of restraint. Then they had to call the police.

  • Author
In fairness the 2 adults/teacher/educators trained to be around kids every day showed all kinds of restraint. Then they had to call the police.

 

The sheriff was clear that the takedown was not why the officer was fired. It was the subsequent throwing of the student that violated policy.

  • Author

When asked what the officer should have done to get her out of the seat he said verbal communication should have been the first option in order to de-escalate the situation. Next step is "pain compliance" using pressure points. Throwing across the room is not pain compliance and is not what is taught.

I know. I was responding to PP92

 

Evidently the sheriff didn't see things the way you did with his dismissal of the SRO.

 

I have eyes. I see her punch him.

  • Author

Sheriff said the girl was disruptive during the class and is the cause of this issue.

  • Author

Sheriff said officer has been at the school for seven years and was highly respected.

So you are ok with her punching him?

 

Nope. Not okay with her being disrespectful, not okay with her refusing to listen, not okay with her refusing to leave, not okay with her punching him. Not okay with any of her behavior at all whatsoever in this incident.

 

Are you okay with his behavior and how handled her?

  • Author

Sheriff denied reports that said charges have been dismissed against the student.

In fairness the 2 adults/teacher/educators trained to be around kids every day showed all kinds of restraint. Then they had to call the police.

 

And he is the SRO who has been the one called to handle unruly kids at the school. He's around kids a lot and enough to earn the nickname Officer Slam.

  • Author

Sheriff says that if any charges are brought against the officer they will come from the FBI.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.