Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Officer Throws Student To the Ground

Featured Replies

Wouldn't the SRO have that kind of authority? If so shouldn't he have tried that approach?

 

Thats the thing, I think he should have told her she was under arrest.

  • Replies 453
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw no physical abuse either.

 

I saw her hit him. He never hit her.

 

It is unbelievable your defense of this officer. There is no way I can see the defense of this guy, none. Again, if he or ANYONE did this to a student under my care as a principal or administrator, they would be removed and charged to the max that I could.

 

This is a complete lack of training and understanding of what to do. You don't put your hand on kids unless you are in danger or others are. That is not the case here. If you think it is, I have no clue what you are seeing. You have described what you have seen, but I have not seen that.

 

The sheriff fired him, that is pretty telling to me if the SRO should have done that or not. I am amazed that he is being seen in another light than abusing a kid. I shouldn't be, however, because there are those that think violence is the answer.

I hate when students stare at those blasted phones in class too. But, I've never slammed a student across the room because of it. Hard to justify those actions.

I never said he couldn't put his hands on her. He didn't have to toss her. He could have pinned her on the floor and held her down for as long as he wanted to. The tossing of her was excessive.

 

Pinning people to the ground is how people suffocate.

I never said he couldn't put his hands on her. He didn't have to toss her. He could have pinned her on the floor and held her down for as long as he wanted to. The tossing of her was excessive.

 

That's what I thought too PP92. He was good with the take down which I still don't think was exactly intentionally, it was the extra toss after he had her out of the the desk that I thought was excessive and looks like ultimately did him in.

 

No it is defiance.

 

I read what she did is actually a misdemeanor

I hate when students stare at those blasted phones in class too. But' date=' I've never slammed a student across the room because of it. Hard to justify those actions.[/quote']

 

He didn't slam her because she looked at her phone.

 

It is unbelievable your defense of this officer. There is no way I can see the defense of this guy, none. Again, if he or ANYONE did this to a student under my care as a principal or administrator, they would be removed and charged to the max that I could.

 

This is a complete lack of training and understanding of what to do. You don't put your hand on kids unless you are in danger or others are. That is not the case here. If you think it is, I have no clue what you are seeing. You have described what you have seen, but I have not seen that.

 

The sheriff fired him, that is pretty telling to me if the SRO should have done that or not. I am amazed that he is being seen in another light than abusing a kid. I shouldn't be, however, because there are those that think violence is the answer.

 

Whether you lot it or not, he was allowed to put his hands on her.

 

The sheriff fired him because of what happened after the chair fell over.

I read what she did is actually a misdemeanor

 

There are two issues a school issue and a law enforcement issue. With the school there is no misdemeanor, just a school zCode of Conduct, with law enforcement I do not know.

 

It would be labeled in most schools as defiance of authority. I would not take that lightly as a school official.

Whether you lot it or not, he was allowed to put his hands on her.

 

The sheriff fired him because of what happened after the chair fell over.

 

Correct. Would you agree that what happened after the chair fell over and she was on the ground was excessive?

Easy now. We are supposed to blindly respect authority with no sass.

 

You do what people with guns tell you to do.

You do what people with guns tell you to do.

 

While the general premise of your statement is true, not necessarily.

While the general premise of your statement is true, not necessarily.

 

I hope someday that disrespect for guns doesn't come back to bite you in the rear. This isn't TV and it isn't some liberal fantasy world.

Pinning people to the ground is how people suffocate.

 

He can bench 600 pounds. I have a hard time believing he couldn't physically restrain her somehow someway. I mean he did toss her like a rag doll. I'm thinking he could have physically overpowered her somehow. I can pin my kids to the ground by their arms without suffocating them.

Whether you lot it or not, he was allowed to put his hands on her.

 

The sheriff fired him because of what happened after the chair fell over.

 

If that is the way a law enforcement department would handle it , then they wouldn't be in the school if I had a say.

 

I had several different departments and I do not believe any of them would have grabbed this or any other student in this situation. They would have waited her out. It may not matter whether I liked it or not, however, it would how I responded and if I employed law enforcement that believed this way in a similar type of incident.

 

I always knew when I turned it over to law enforcement it was out of my hands. It should be noted, however, if they were abusing a kid like this I would have intervened quickly. Fortunately, every law enforcement officer I dealt with and it was many that I called to assist, were always respectful and handled the situation with dignity. I believe the vast majority would.

 

I had some pretty tough situations were officers were hit, pushed, threatened, cussed out, etc. and they never come close to doing what this guy did. They always tried to deescalate the situation and usually could. In extreme cases they would restrain effectively.

 

No where does it appear this guy tried to deescalate nor restrain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.