Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rick Pitino...does he survive this?

Does Pitino lose his job? 33 members have voted

  1. 1. Does Pitino lose his job?

    • Yes, and he should!
      30%
    • Yes, but he shouldn't
      39%
    • No, and he should not!
      24%
    • No, but he should
      6%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'm sure plenty are wanting it to be true. To those who are, be careful of what you wish for.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like I need to understand everything that this entails before passing judgement. I would love to see him get pink slipped, but I think that if he genuinely didn't know about this then I don't know how you fire him.

 

He needs to avid the whole "lack of institutional control" label to survive this, IMO.

As for the poll, I don't know nearly enough to answer this question right now.

 

That's where I'm at. I was a little out of the loop all weekend and haven't felt like reading through our thread.

 

If he has knowledge of it, I don't see how he survives it though. If true, I hate what this could do to UL's program. The winter is more fun when UK & UL are both good.

He did nothing illegal in the course of the Sypher affair and it did not involve players or recruits.

 

If this proves to be true, it will bring players, coaches, and the university deep into the scandal as it will effect past eligibility and serious contravention of NCAA rules. Very different scenario. If the claims prove true, he's done and Louisville will get the 10,000-pound craphammer from the NCAA.

 

As for the poll, I don't know nearly enough to answer this question right now.

 

No, nothing illegal about what he did with Sypher. However, it was a huge embarrassment for UL.

 

I see this as the same type of situation, even if he didn't know. I just don't think UL will want their name associated with a man who was directly, or indirectly involved in these incidents.

 

Basically if the NCAA finds any wrongdoing, he's gone even if his name comes out clean IMO.

I agree with Getslow on not knowing enough to answer this question.

 

But if I had to guess, I think Rick survives this.

If it's true Lord no but UL makes a lot of exceptions with coaches.

If it's true Lord no but UL makes a lot of exceptions with coaches.

 

I don't have any sort of beef with Louisville in general but you have to admit that they have a couple of class acts heading up the two major sports in Pitino and Petrino

  • Author

I hear Bruce Pearl called the NCAA and offered to help with the investigation.

If it's proven that Pitino knew, he will be gone.

 

If it's not, he won't be.

If it's proven that Pitino knew, he will be gone.

 

If it's not, he won't be.

 

Whether he knew or not the only way he's gone is if the NCAA makes it happen. No chance Jurich gets rid of him if he isn't forced too.

We'll never know what he knew or if he knew. He should survive this and I hope he survives it. And I can't stand Pitino. Makes me feel dirty just taking up for him. I'll never believe he knew anything about any of this stuff anyways. No way. To quote one of my friends...."this is too hood for it to make any sense."

I sure hope this is not true.

 

I'm not a UofL fan, but I don't hate them, I actually prefer it when we're both good.

 

And no matter what I will always like Rick.

 

Everybody needs to just wait until all the info is in before passing judgement.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.