Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rick Pitino...does he survive this?

Does Pitino lose his job? 33 members have voted

  1. 1. Does Pitino lose his job?

    • Yes, and he should!
      30%
    • Yes, but he shouldn't
      39%
    • No, and he should not!
      24%
    • No, but he should
      6%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Getting rid of Pitino would be like trying to drown a turtle!

  • Replies 58
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, I didn't "vote" in this poll. I will wait to see what comes out before I go there as far as what should or shouldn't happen to Pitino. I am well known as Not a Pitino fan at all and that is correct. I love the way he coaches/what he did at U.K. when there but I have always thought that he is basically a arrogant jerk. Having said that .... Personally, I am not so certain to label the man as a pimp.

 

(actually I would had believed this out of B. Petrino, if for no other reason than his history of being an stand up guy is well known ...he's a slime ball that has shown his loyalty to no one, has in the past and still would throw anyone under the bus.)

I voted wrong because the poll question is different than the thread title, LOL. These results need to be reviewed by the Florida states attorney's office for hanging chads.

It does not matter if Pitino had knowledge about the allegations. If the claims of escorts are found to be valid, then he will be at fault regardless of whether he knew or not. This relates back to total institutional control that a coach must have over his/her program.

 

It was concluded in the NCAA report against the Syracuse men's basketball team, that Head Coach Jim Boeheim had no knowledge of certain wrong doings with respect to Fab Melo but he fell under the "institutional control" bylaw and was suspended games plus lost wins. The same just happened to Larry Brown as SMU, as the NCAA acknowledged Brown did not know someone was taking a class for one of his players (He still got in trouble - "institutional control").

 

Long story short, if this did happen at Louisville as the book entails, then Pitino will be guilty in the eyes of the NCAA regardless if knew or not. He will be given some kind of suspension, fine, docked games and/or possibly the NCAA title he won will be vacated. IMO this will make him retire, but he will not get away scott free if true due to the institutional control every coach must have. The only thing to determine is the validity of the claims made by the book, Pitinos knowledge is irrelevant due to aforementioned reasons.

I voted wrong too. I assumed the poll question was the same as the bread question.

 

I don't think he'll be fired and he shouldn't be fired.

It would take a ton for Vito Jurich to get rid of one of his guys.

Dr. Ramsey will go before Pitino is kicked to the curb.

 

Plausible deniability is out the window anymore for head coaches.

 

He will get a suspension and they may also get a post season ban but he won't be fired.

I thought recruiting was already suffering

I thought recruiting was already suffering

 

Def needed more attractive hookers.

If it's proven that Pitino knew, he will be gone.

 

If it's not, he won't be.

 

I think there is very very little chance that is proven so I think he sticks around.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.