Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

14 Year Old arrested for making a clock

Featured Replies

#hyperbole

 

You never seem scared when I see you. :D

 

I hide it really well :thumb:

  • Replies 311
  • Views 29.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I hide it really well :thumb:

 

:lol2:

His tweet showing support for a victim of prejudice helps America...

 

Yes. It also is nice that he brings even more attention to a young person involved in the science and math disciplines. We need more youth to focus on those areas and who knows; maybe a shout out from the president and a trip to the WH will get more students thinking it would be cool to explore those subjects.

I hope that if I am ever the subject of some from of discrimination, I get an invite to the White House!

On the bright side the young man may have just earned himself an academic scholarship.

 

M.I.T. offered him an acceptance/scholarship today.

  • Author
I hope that if I am ever the subject of some from of discrimination, I get an invite to the White House!

 

Me too!!!!

I re-read the original story. Now I see why the school was not evacuated.

 

Police spokesperson said the police never thought it was dangerous.

 

So, why was he arrested? Why did the principal try to talk the kid into a statement of guilt? Why was he suspended for three days?

^ But if the school thought it may not be a clock, why wait until the police for there?

 

And I too would like to know the answer to your 3 questions.

I'm glad it all worked out for the kid. Gets to go to the Whitehouse and meet the president, there will be press there and interviews, the kid will be the envy of his classmates. And he gets to visit MIT, his dream school, and I think I heard they would work out a scholarship for him.

And Bristol Palin decided to weight in:

 

"This is the kind of stuff Obama needs to STAY out of. This encourages more racial strife that is already going on with the “Black Lives Matter” crowd and encourages victimhood.

The police made a mistake, clearly.

 

But why put more people against them? Why egg it on? Childish games like this from our president have divided our country… even more today than when he was elected."

 

Bristol Palin Rages: Obama 'Needs To STAY Out Of' Ahmed Mohamed's Case

Irving ISD student detained for 'suspicious device'"

 

"According to Irving police, Ahmed's case contained a digital clock that the student had taken apart and rearranged. Police said the student had the briefcase in his English class, where he plugged it into an electrical outlet and it started to make noise.

...

 

Officers said Ahmed was being "passive aggressive" in his answers to their questions, and didn't have a "reasonable answer" as to what he was doing with the case. Investigators said the student told them that it was just a clock that he was messing around with.

 

"We attempted to question the juvenile about what it was and he would simply only say it was a clock. He didn't offer any explanation as to what it was for, why he created this device, why he brought it to school," said James McLellan, Irving Police."

 

So....

 

- it was not for a project or school assignment. There was no reason to bring this 'device' to school.

- It was not a made digital clock. It was dissassembled clock re-installed in a suitcase. The kid is no engineer. It was already a digital clock.

- Straight answers were not provided to authorities.

I re-read the original story. Now I see why the school was not evacuated.

 

Police spokesperson said the police never thought it was dangerous.

 

So, why was he arrested? Why did the principal try to talk the kid into a statement of guilt? Why was he suspended for three days?

 

Haven't kids been suspended all over America for bring things to school that look like weapons...a bubble making gun, eating a pop tart into a "Gun" shape. If this looks like a brief case bomb and it did, then I can see him getting suspended just like the kid that brought in a fake bomb for his prom proposal.

Haven't kids been suspended all over America for bring things to school that look like weapons...a bubble making gun, eating a pop tart into a "Gun" shape. If this looks like a brief case bomb and it did, then I can see him getting suspended just like the kid that brought in a fake bomb for his prom proposal.

 

Beat me to the punch. The reason this is a story is because of the ethnicity of this student, not the stupidity of schools. I don't remember the kid who made his PopTart look like a gun getting invited to the White House. His name was Josh Welsh, not Ahmed Mohamed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.