Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

14 Year Old arrested for making a clock

Featured Replies

He said it was a clock. He did not say "no, it is not a bomb."

 

OJ said he didn't do it....

 

So what answer should he have given?

  • Replies 311
  • Views 29.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's my understanding that cops/administrators knew early on this was not a bomb. That's why the school was not evacuated. The fear was that the kid was going to employ the device as part of a bomb hoax, i.e., leave it in a bathroom stall to induce panic. Since police/prosecutors said "no prosecution" rather quickly, Ahmed's story obviously checked out. The gray area is what happened during the interrogation at school to prompt the lad to be handcuffed and transported downtown.

He should have said "no its not a bomb,"and the police should have every right to be skeptical of him, and not be labeled racist for doing so.

This is my last post on the subject, due to me being in my twenties and it being the weekend. I look forward to resuming the discussion on Monday. Have a good weekend.

He should have said "no its not a bomb,"and the police should have every right to be skeptical of him, and not be labeled racist for doing so.

 

No one has labeled anyone racist.

 

So basically nothing he said would've been good enough for you?

 

What would lead you to be skeptical of a kid who's had no issues?

  • Author
Agree but dont get mad becasue you know I like you and still owe you dinner.

 

Obama isnt equally compassionate. He picks and chooses.

 

Dont dare quote me and reply back, you got better things to do, hahahaha

 

:lol2: :lol2:

 

I hope to see you soon. :thumb:

  • Author
Here's the problem when you're POTUS.

 

If you comment on SOME but not ALL events you set yourself up to be questioned/criticized.

 

Some will ask if POTUS tweeted when a kid got sent home for a crazy school rule about fake guns. If he didn't but did on this kid some will wonder why.

 

No win.

 

Agreed. The answer to that is easy but folks won't like that answer either if the compassionate president never seems to be compassionate to them.

No one has labeled anyone racist.

 

So basically nothing he said would've been good enough for you?

 

What would lead you to be skeptical of a kid who's had no issues?

 

To be fair until they knew it wasn't a bomb they shouldn't take his word.

 

I think any reasonable person could see why some may think it's a bomb .

 

Where we agree is how they botched the handling.

There ARE people out there that despise Muslims, the mayor of that town has already attempted to spread fear.

 

AND, there are people who make mistakes.....

 

But, as I said, there are people out there that would cause a kid trouble because of his religion, or even skin color. We see that in some police officers, not all are out to only do good, without the video these days the bad that some officers do would have been covered up.

 

Some people are not just looking at the facts and are playing the "what if" and "why" this or that. The facts are the school claimed it was a bomb yet did not evacuate, that's the big first thing people have to look at. Second, he did show it to his teacher. Third the kid does love to tinker with electronics.

 

They handled this the wrong way, and now with the bad press that the school and police are getting there, they don't know what to do.

 

Some want it go by what the school has stated, and backing them up without looking and listening to the kid?

 

Why are some so upset that the kid got invited to the Whitehouse and that MIT has offered the kid a scholarship? What concern is it of yours? Can't you be happy for the kid? He comments and outrage are very telling.

 

Heck, now some are even saying that the whole thing was a set up to make those who dislike Islam look bad. Some people really need to start drinking water outside of their area, something is defiantly in their water.

 

Some are giving Bristol Palin company, as she isn't the only one with issues.

To be fair until they knew it wasn't a bomb they shouldn't take his word.

 

I think any reasonable person could see why some may think it's a bomb .

 

Where we agree is how they botched the handling.

 

Agreed.

 

I will add, it would look a lot better on the school if they would have evacuated.

There ARE people out there that despise Muslims, the mayor of that town has already attempted to spread fear.

 

But, as I said, there are people out there that would cause a kid trouble because of his religion, or even skin color. We see that in some police officers, not all are out to only do good, without the video these days the bad that some officers do would have been covered up.

 

Some people are not just looking at the facts and are playing the "what if" and "why" this or that. The facts are the school claimed it was a bomb yet did not evacuate, that's the big first thing people have to look at. Second, he did show it to his teacher. Third the kid does love to tinker with electronics.

 

They handled this the wrong way, and now with the bad press that the school and police are getting there, they don't know what to do.

 

Some want it go by what the school has stated, and backing them up without looking and listening to the kid?

 

Why are some so upset that the kid got invited to the Whitehouse and that MIT has offered the kid a scholarship? What concern is it of yours? Can't you be happy for the kid? He comments and outrage are very telling.

 

Heck, now some are even saying that the whole thing was a set up to make those who dislike Islam look bad. Some people really need to start drinking water outside of their area, something is defiantly in their water.

 

Some are giving Bristol Palin company, as she isn't the only one with issues.

 

I just think your over blowing everything.

 

Do I care about the White House invite ? Nope but I think it's silly.

 

Do I care about MIT? Nope. But I would hope he deserves it and this isn't just some PC grab.

I want to start a related topic but I don't know how it will go over.

MNT ref, we all pick and choose, you can't possibly pick everything even when all may be good causes.

 

I'm sure most on this board are charitable to some degree, some more than others, but a person can't be charitable to ever one who needs it, it's impossible.

I just think your over blowing everything.

 

Do I care about the White House invite ? Nope but I think it's silly.

 

Do I care about MIT? Nope. But I would hope he deserves it and this isn't just some PC grab.

 

I agree on all points, also, I did add a part I mistakenly left out. This all could be an mistake, (we don't know what is on the minds of the people who run that school) one that I could swallow better if there was an evacuation.

I agree on all points, also, I did add a part I mistakenly left out. This all could be an mistake, ( we don't know what is on the minds of the people who run that school) one that I could swallow better if there was an evacuation.

 

I just don't understand why it's a big story. I mean I do , I think it has more to do with painting the racism theme.

 

But in reality stupid things like this happen in public schools across America all the time. It's maybe makes a headline then passes. At the end of the day this is a dumb story to harp on.

 

I'm going to come as a what some sensitive posters will call a cave man. But when I hear the talk of feelings getting hurt , I say plzzzzzzz. If this truly tramatizes someone we need to question mental fortitude . Mistakes happen. If there were racist intent investigate and fire.

 

But out of all news that deserves headlines this is a ridiculous.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.