Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

14 Year Old arrested for making a clock

Featured Replies

 

Semantics. If I went to work and told folks I was arrested and not charged no one would correct me and say I was detained. The average person doesn't know the difference and the average person would get it wrong.

 

It's still wrong.

  • Replies 311
  • Views 29.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't believe it matters but HB20 can probably answer better than me. I don't know the full details of this case - nor does anyone else from what I gather - but if you have a terror suspect' date=' I don't think it is unreasonable to assume said person would be in cuffs until the situation is better vetted.[/quote']

 

Detained.

I think the title of this thread is misleading. He wasn't arrested for a making a clock.

  • Author
It's still wrong.

 

I know. That's what I said. Last sentence. :D

  • Author
I think the title of this thread is misleading. He wasn't arrested for a making a clock.

 

Blame the article. I made the thread title the title of the article.

Blame the article. I made the thread title the title of the article.

 

Ok, I think the title of the original article is misleading :lol2:

  • Author
When I say this, I am not necessarily directing this at your or anyone in this thread, but the average person is typical pretty dumb, so I tend to distance myself from acknowledging that I make the same mistakes as the "average person." That being said, I agree that it is just semantics. However, when we neglect to consider those semantics, we create a false narrative and typically blow the situation out of proportion. At least to me, the term 'arrested' implies that a person is being charged of a crime, and carries significantly more meaning than 'detained.' So when the I read the headline '14 year old arrested at school,' to me than means that the police had enough evidence to take the suspect into custody and consider pressing charges. If the headline would have claimed that the 14 year old was detained, I don't think I would have made the same assumptions.

 

Its all word play, and is an example of how the media wants to frame a story to garner the most attention.

 

Before yesterday I never cared about the difference between arrested and detained. Having been arrested before and charged with a crime and also detained once as well it is what you said it was. Word play. Detained, arrested, doesn't matter. When I was detained I was put in handcuffs and placed in a cell. When I was arrested I was never cuffed and never saw the inside of a cell. I didn't care what verb was being used to describe my situation. I was screwed and both times I had to wait for someone to come pick me up.

 

My point is that for me the headline did nothing for me. Seeing the picture of the kid in handcuffs did way more for me than the apparently false and misleading headline.

  • Author
[ATTACH]52419[/ATTACH]

 

:lol2: :lol2:

 

Well done.

The kid and his family are on their way to Mecca.

 

Maybe they will stay there and allow the kid to help Iran with their Nuclear Weapons facilities.

Did the kid meet the President?

Did the kid meet the President?

 

He will when he gets back from Mecca

I still say his dad is behind it trying to gain attention and force something to happen like it did.

 

On HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher,” Dallas Mavericks’ owner Mark Cuban also expressed concerns about the family’s involvement. While calling Ahmed a “super smart kid,” he said that when he spoke to Ahmed, "his sister, over his shoulder, you could hear, listening to the question, giving him the answer.”

Clock controversy risks backfiring for Obama as critics cast doubt on narrative | Fox News

 

That's an interesting take and one that may not be far fetched. However, what made it a story was the reaction by those in authority.

That's an interesting take and one that may not be far fetched. However, what made it a story was the reaction by those in authority.

 

Yes, but it was apparently the response his dad wanted to get also.

 

Our POTHUS has been fooled into thinking the kid built a clock, I mean how gullible is he to jump on something like this so fast.

The kid took a clock and put it into a briefcase with a bunch of wires he bought and DID NOT CREATE A CLOCK. HE BOUGHT A CLOCK AND USED IT.

 

Obama may now be called Ogullible

Edited by mountain ref

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.