Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

14 Year Old arrested for making a clock

Featured Replies

  • Author
An arrest includes charging someone with a crime.

 

If he wasn't charged, he wasn't arrested.

 

Folks are handcuffed all the time but not arrested. It is often done when you have a "suspect" and checks are run or whatever protocol is being followed until an answer is found.

 

Does it make a difference if he was taken to the station? Wasn't he taken there?

  • Replies 311
  • Views 29.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
An arrest includes charging someone with a crime.

 

If he wasn't charged, he wasn't arrested.

 

Folks are handcuffed all the time but not arrested. It is often done when you have a "suspect" and checks are run or whatever protocol is being followed until an answer is found.

 

 

First paragraph from the link I posted in the original post.

 

 

"Irving’s police chief announced Wednesday that charges won’t be filed against Ahmed Mohamed, the MacArthur High School freshman arrested Monday after he brought what school officials and police described as a “hoax bomb” on campus."

Does it make a difference if he was taken to the station? Wasn't he taken there?

 

Don't believe it matters but HB20 can probably answer better than me. I don't know the full details of this case - nor does anyone else from what I gather - but if you have a terror suspect, I don't think it is unreasonable to assume said person would be in cuffs until the situation is better vetted.

Maybe they were worried that his dad was planning on doing something with the briefcase. Maybe the dad had his own agenda and it worked.

 

In what has become one of the most egregious of the faked hate narratives, the bomb hoax clockster turns out to come from a family that has a history of supremacist stunts.

 

The New York Daily News reported this Wednesday about Ahmed Mohamed’s father, Mohamed ElHassan Mohamed:

 

One of the earliest instances of the standout citizen making national news was in 2011, when he sensationally stood up to an anti-Islamic pastor and defended the Koran as its defense attorney. That mock trial at a Florida church ended with the book’s burning, to ElHassan’s claimed shock. In an interview with the Washington Post at the time, the devoted Muslim said he’d take on Rev. Terry Jones’ challenge because the holy book teaches that Muslims should engage in peaceful dialogue with Christians.

 

Also in 2011, ElHassan debated Robert Spencer on the questionf of “Does Islam Respect Human Rights?” Clearly, he was trying to score a victory against a famous “Islamophobe” and thus win a name for himself. ElHassan has been looking for publicity and chances to fight against “Islamophobia” for a considerable period. Now he has seized it, going so far as to claim his son was “tortured” by school and law enforcement officials.

 

He finally has the cause he has been seeking for so long. School officials were being prudent, protecting the children. Irving, Texas has had its share of jihad and sharia. Two Muslim sisters, Amina and Sarah Said, were honor murdered by their father, execution-style, in Irving several years ago. He is still at large. And Irving, Texas is only half an hour from Garland, Texas – the site of a jihad shooting on a free speech event last May. And the news is regularly riddled with stories of young Muslims, all lovely, sweet achievers, who suddenly — go jihad.

Ahmed Mohamed and the 'Islamophobia' Clock - Breitbart

Lot of gullible folks on here.

 

Spoken so true. It goes both ways.

I don't own any clocks that look like what he made. I wouldn't be surprised if we later find out that this was done to get some attention.

 

^^^^ what he said.

I'm thinking the kid is/was used by his dad to cook up some panic and draw some attention.

 

So much of this smells a hoax the longer it goes on.

 

The teachers and school administrators should be applauded for taking action on this. Like Plato said color of skin has nothing to do with protecting kids.

 

I hope it works out for those folks who hitched their wagons to this one.

First paragraph from the link I posted in the original post. "Irving’s police chief announced Wednesday that charges won’t be filed against Ahmed Mohamed' date=' the MacArthur High School freshman arrested Monday after he brought what school officials and police described as a “hoax bomb” on campus."[/quote']

 

Articles get it wrong all the time. He wasn't arrested if he wasn't charged. He was detained.

One of the earliest instances of the standout citizen making national news was in 2011, when he sensationally stood up to an anti-Islamic pastor and defended the Koran as its defense attorney.

 

I remember that one.

Click the you tube link to show how the kid faked the bomb. An actual real video that explains how he didn't make it.

20 Sep

Richard Dawkins ✔@RichardDawkins

This man seems to know what he's talking about.

… If he's right, Ahmed didn't build a (cont) TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter

I still say his dad is behind it trying to gain attention and force something to happen like it did.

 

On HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher,” Dallas Mavericks’ owner Mark Cuban also expressed concerns about the family’s involvement. While calling Ahmed a “super smart kid,” he said that when he spoke to Ahmed, "his sister, over his shoulder, you could hear, listening to the question, giving him the answer.”

Clock controversy risks backfiring for Obama as critics cast doubt on narrative | Fox News

Click the you tube link to show how the kid faked the bomb. An actual real video that explains how he didn't make it.

20 Sep

Richard Dawkins ✔@RichardDawkins

This man seems to know what he's talking about.

… If he's right, Ahmed didn't build a (cont) TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter

 

You're quoting Richard Dawkins in a positive way. Might cause this board to implode into a black hole.

  • Author
Articles get it wrong all the time. He wasn't arrested if he wasn't charged. He was detained.

 

Semantics. If I went to work and told folks I was arrested and not charged no one would correct me and say I was detained. The average person doesn't know the difference and the average person would get it wrong.

Semantics. If I went to work and told folks I was arrested and not charged no one would correct me and say I was detained. The average person doesn't know the difference and the average person would get it wrong.

 

When I say this, I am not necessarily directing this at your or anyone in this thread, but the average person is typical pretty dumb, so I tend to distance myself from acknowledging that I make the same mistakes as the "average person." That being said, I agree that it is just semantics. However, when we neglect to consider those semantics, we create a false narrative and typically blow the situation out of proportion. At least to me, the term 'arrested' implies that a person is being charged of a crime, and carries significantly more meaning than 'detained.' So when the I read the headline '14 year old arrested at school,' to me than means that the police had enough evidence to take the suspect into custody and consider pressing charges. If the headline would have claimed that the 14 year old was detained, I don't think I would have made the same assumptions.

 

Its all word play, and is an example of how the media wants to frame a story to garner the most attention.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.