Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

14 Year Old arrested for making a clock

Featured Replies

  • Author
I know, I'm feeling sorry for you right now too. Hahahaha

 

It's good to know that you do care for me. :thumb: What can I say? I'm a loyal cat.

  • Replies 311
  • Views 29.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not arguing about when he should or shouldn't wait until all "facts" are available. I'm saying that we don't know the facts of this particular situation and everyone's version of the "facts" ALWAYS depends on where their support lies. Not one person in this thread who is criticizing the president for what the president said is someone who likes or supports him. You don't think that makes a difference in the "facts" that are known in this story?

 

A few things:

 

1) Does it seem like a smart thing to do, as the most powerful person in the most power country in the world, to make incendiary comments if you don't know all the facts? Why did he think it so necessary to make comments before knowing the facts? I tend to believe that, through the numerous advisers that he has, he had more information on the subject than we did, so you can't really use the comparison between the facts available to the president and what is available on a message board.

 

2) It seems like you are implying that people who don't support the president have lost any credibility when criticizing the president? That when someone does criticize the president they are just written off as someone who doesn't support him, and their criticisms mean nothing.

 

Part of being a responsible citizen is criticizing the president, and having those criticisms be heard. I agree, some are baseless. But just going along with whatever the president says/ does, and not being critical is disturbingly irresponsible.

 

Acknowledge that the president made a mistake and move on. That doesn't mean that you don't support him, or that your support has somehow been diminished, it just means that your willing to accept when a person makes a mistake.

 

2) It seems like you are implying that people who don't support the president have lost any credibility when criticizing the president? That when someone does criticize the president they are just written off as someone who doesn't support him, and their criticisms mean nothing.

 

Part of being a responsible citizen is criticizing the president, and having those criticisms be heard. I agree, some are baseless. But just going along with whatever the president says/ does, and not being critical is disturbingly irresponsible.

 

Acknowledge that the president made a mistake and move on. That doesn't mean that you don't support him, or that your support has somehow been diminished, it just means that your willing to accept when a person makes a mistake.

 

Here's the thing though...When the vast majority of posters on here criticize every single thing the President does (hell, I'm sure they'd criticize him for taking time out of his day to use the restroom if they could), the legit criticisms get brushed aside and lose any and all validity.

Here's the thing though...When the vast majority of posters on here criticize every single thing the President does (hell, I'm sure they'd criticize him for taking time out of his day to use the restroom if they could), the legit criticisms get brushed aside and lose any and all validity.

 

He can pee in a water bottle as he works.

I critique him hard but I agree with him on all the environmental issues and don't complain about that ever.

 

Domestic issues is what he sucks at.

How is a teacher supposed to know what C4 looks like. Put blame on the poor teachers.

 

A fair question --> about what C4 is supposed to look like. But nothing in the pictures and video I have seen suggests that anything could have been ordinance big enough to cause a huge explosion. Usually, when its a pipe bomb or any kind of bomb, metal is found in a rather large amount, grenade size and up. The kid is clever, but I don't think he had (or jihad has in general) the intelligence to make ordinance that looked like a computer component.

 

Poor little Muslim kid brings a thing that looks like a bomb to school when we have school violence at an all time high anyway and all people say is we profiled him. So what.

I get profiled since I'm white because Bo and Luke Duke are white and had confederate flag on car and everyone knows that makes you racist.

 

True, all God's children, Christian or Muslim or whatever religion, pick on each other and blame one another for the ills of the world. However, I still stand by my opinion of our educators needing to be ever vigilant/aware of the school environment and respond correctly when a situation occurs. Tragedy doesn't have to happen if we practice due diligence.

Here's the thing though...When the vast majority of posters on here criticize every single thing the President does (hell, I'm sure they'd criticize him for taking time out of his day to use the restroom if they could), the legit criticisms get brushed aside and lose any and all validity.

 

Kind of like the incessant charges of racism isn't it.

Kind of like the incessant charges of racism isn't it.

 

Are you talking about in general, or at the racism charges against our current President? I don't know if a day goes by that someone on here doesn't claim he's playing the race card...

Here's the thing though...When the vast majority of posters on here criticize every single thing the President does (hell, I'm sure they'd criticize him for taking time out of his day to use the restroom if they could), the legit criticisms get brushed aside and lose any and all validity.

 

I agree that he receives a decent amount of baseless criticism. But, thats the name of the game. When you have message boards and social media giving even the most insanely idiotic opinions a platform, that is going to happen.

 

However, I don't think it is all that hard to discern what is a legitimate criticism vs what is baseless. Criticizing him for making a public statement on a controversial issue before knowing the facts: legitimate. Criticizing him for going going golfing: baseless.

 

I don't think we can simply write off criticisms of the president because some people make wild accusations.

Are you talking about in general, or at the racism charges against our current President? I don't know if a day goes by that someone on here doesn't claim he's playing the race card...

 

I'm talking about his use and the lefts use of it on a regular basis. It means nothing anymore.

 

I'm talking about the people that say you can't disagree with Obama unless you're a racist.

 

I'm talking about the people that immediately condemned Officer Wilson as a racist, including Obama's Justice Department, before any facts were known.

 

I'm talking about the people in this thread that have used the term racist to describe what happened to this boy when the last time I checked Muslim wasn't a race.

I'm talking about his use and the lefts use of it on a regular basis. It means nothing anymore.

 

I'm talking about the people that say you can't disagree with Obama unless you're a racist.

 

I'm talking about the people that immediately condemned Officer Wilson as a racist, including Obama's Justice Department, before any facts were known.

 

I see that occurring no more than I do people, specifically the right, claiming that President Obama is a racist. The vast majority of it is baseless on both sides, but we can stop acting like the left is the only party guilty of it, because that's absolutely not even remotely true.

I think they knew it wasn't a bomb at some point. The problem was, did he make it look like a bomb on purpose...which imo is still a no no.

 

Like someone else said though, teachers aren't bomb experts.

 

Kids get in terrible in schools for a lot less around this country.

 

Well, the kid may be a bit autistic, and these types tend to be socially awkward and don't think things through very well. I saw him on Colbert, and he seemed to be that way. He probably did not even think of it looking like a bomb lol... That's how kids can be anyway, autistic or not: they don't think things through.

 

On the other hand...

 

No, teachers are not bomb experts. But why did they not call the authorities who would have called the bomb squad? They took the supposed dangerous object to the principal's office instead, hoping it would explode and kill the principal, I guess.

 

How many of these incidences do we need to make people more attentive?

I see that occurring no more than I do people, specifically the right, claiming that President Obama is a racist. The vast majority of it is baseless on both sides, but we can stop acting like the left is the only party guilty of it, because that's absolutely not even remotely true.

 

No more then it's even remotely true that this president has been treated any worse then his predecessor.

No more then it's even remotely true that this president has been treated any worse then his predecessor.

 

Which has nothing to do with anything, but correct.

Which has nothing to do with anything, but correct.

 

Then I'm confused. This statement doesn't really jive with your post in post #243 .

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.