Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

14 Year Old arrested for making a clock

Featured Replies

Because being invited to the White House is supposed to be a reward. It is regarded as a pretty high honor. What did this kid do to deserve this honor? He disassembled a clock and made it look like a bomb. Why should he be receiving the same honor that our wounded warriors and other respectable figures receive? Even when sports teams win a world or national championship, at least they have achieved something. Why should this kid receive the same honor as them?

 

You claim he disassembled a clock and made it look like a bomb, others could just as easily say he disassembled a clock and put it back together in a different functioning structure. Either way, it without question showed a keen interest in technology and science, and if our President wants to invite him to the WH, that's his prerogative and something I'm not going to be offended by or lose sleep over. Who cares?

  • Replies 311
  • Views 29.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. I guess that depends on where people stand with their expectations of the POTUS. In this particular situation I don't find his tweet to the kid to be that horrible of a thing or a dumb decision.

 

2. Because he felt compassion for the kid.

 

3. Nope. But it seems to me that people who do support the president and don't criticize his every move aren't taken seriously.

 

1) So you don't expect the President to make a rational fact based assessment of current situations? Got it. That's sad that you give the President a pass on being rational. It is irrational to make comments before knowing facts.

 

2) I'm sure he feels compassion for a lot of kids. Invite them to the White House too?

 

3)There is a difference between criticizing his every move, and acknowledging when he makes a mistake.

 

Are you implying that just because someone doesn't support the president, that their criticisms should just be dismissed?

 

Maybe this isn't what you meant by this statement, but I would hope that everyone would support our nation's President.

 

Whether you agree with them on everything, some things, or nothing, whether you voted for or against them, at the end of the day they are our President and as such they deserve the support of all citizens. That's not to say they shouldn't be criticized, but you can still support someone while criticizing their decisions.

You claim he disassembled a clock and made it look like a bomb, others could just as easily say he disassembled a clock and put it back together in a different functioning structure. Either way, it without question showed a keen interest in technology and science, and if our President wants to invite him to the WH, that's his prerogative and something I'm not going to be offended by or lose sleep over. Who cares?

 

I agree it is his decision. His decision to invite a kid to the White House, who accomplished absolutely nothing, is a slap in the face to everyone who deserved to by honored at the White House. You might not lose sleep over it, but I would guess that the soldiers who were honored at the White House for serving their country are scratching their heads on this one.

Maybe this isn't what you meant by this statement, but I would hope that everyone would support our nation's President.

 

Whether you agree with them on everything, some things, or nothing, whether you voted for or against them, at the end of the day they are our President and as such they deserve the support of all citizens. That's not to say they shouldn't be criticized, but you can still support someone while criticizing their decisions.

 

Just like everyone supported GWB during the Iraq War?

I respect the president, but his actions throughout this situation I cannot support. He clearly chose to be the "cool-guy" by taking to twitter to invite the kid to the White House without taking the time to verify the story and make a rational, thought out response.

And how exactly did him inviting this kid to the WH divide the nation?

 

The kid didn't invent a clock, he took a clock already made and put it in a briefcase that looked like a bomb, and as it turns out a plot by his dad to get this exact outcome.

 

You tell me a kid that does that gets an invite ad some kid who actually does something don't

 

It's all because the kid is a Muslim and Obama thinks he got picked on

Just like everyone supported GWB during the Iraq War?

 

Well, a) I didn't say everyone does, but IMO, everyone should support a President, and b) that's an individual decision. Regardless of whether you supported the war in Iraq or not, you should've still supported President Bush. Every President has pretty much the same goal: To make America better off and more successful than it was previously.

 

Regardless of what I think of individual decisions they take to reach that goal, you better believe I'm going to support every single President in the hopes that the decisions they make achieve that goal.

  • Author
1) So you don't expect the President to make a rational fact based assessment of current situations? Got it. That's sad that you give the President a pass on being rational. It is irrational to make comments before knowing facts.

 

2) I'm sure he feels compassion for a lot of kids. Invite them to the White House too?

 

3)There is a difference between criticizing his every move, and acknowledging when he makes a mistake.

 

1. Saying "nice clock" is being irrational? What did he say that was so irrational?

 

2. Sure. Why not? Why is inviting kids to the White House a bad thing?

 

3. I've acknowledged when I have felt like he made a mistake. Multiple times. At the same time just because you think he made a mistake doesn't mean I think it was a mistake.

  • Author
I respect the president, but his actions throughout this situation I cannot support. He clearly chose to be the "cool-guy" by taking to twitter to invite the kid to the White House without taking the time to verify the story and make a rational, thought out response.

 

What is the true story involving the kid? He made a clock out of a clock, showed it to a teacher he was trying to impress, that teacher told him to put it up and hide it because it may cause concern with others, the alarm then went off in a different class while concealed in the backpack, he and his clock were taken to the office because it looked like a bomb, kid was handcuffed, detained, photographed while handcuffed and suspended from school as a result, allegedly an authoritative figure said "I figured it was him", he then became a nationwide figure, his father is found to be some kind of Muslim activist, his sister is found to have been a problem child of sorts, rumors and speculation run rampant of Pops possibly manipulating the whole situation with the intent of this desired result.

 

Are those the facts?

1. Saying "nice clock" is being irrational? What did he say that was so irrational?

 

2. Sure. Why not? Why is inviting kids to the White House a bad thing?

 

3. I've acknowledged when I have felt like he made a mistake. Multiple times. At the same time just because you think he made a mistake doesn't mean I think it was a mistake.

 

*End List Dialogue*

 

I will say this. To the supporters of Obama, this doesn't look like a big deal. In my opinion, it is just another example of him jumping to conclusions before getting all the information. He took a card from the media, and tried to get his voice out to the public before getting all of the information. He has a history of doing this. I don't like it and I don't think it is a great quality to be demonstrating to the citizens of the United States

  • Author
*End List Dialogue*

 

I will say this. To the supporters of Obama, this doesn't look like a big deal. In my opinion, it is just another example of him jumping to conclusions before getting all the information. He took a card from the media, and tried to get his voice out to the public before getting all of the information. He has a history of doing this. I don't like it and I don't think it is a great quality to be demonstrating to the citizens of the United States

 

In fairness, there are people who don't support Obama and it isn't a big deal to them either. He was nice to a kid. The horror.....

In fairness, there are people who don't support Obama and it isn't a big deal to them either. He was nice to a kid. The horror.....

 

But he was only nice to him because he was a Muslim who he felt was singled out. Which isn't true.

  • Author
But he was only nice to him because he was a Muslim who he felt was singled out. Which isn't true.

 

True or not I like the gesture and intended good will behind Obama's tweet.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.