Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

14 Year Old arrested for making a clock

Featured Replies

Then I'm confused. This statement doesn't really jive with your post in post #243 .

 

You can make the same point about any President. This thread is discussing President Obama though. What happened 8+ years ago is irrelevant to the discussion.

 

FWIW, I detested it back then with President Bush much like I do now.

  • Replies 311
  • Views 29.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which has nothing to do with anything, but correct.

 

As far as I'm concerned it has everything to do with it. I'm not sure exactly how to express what I'm thinking but most of those that dismiss any criticism of Obama because they say he has been so harshly criticized are the same ones that stand shoulder to shoulder with him regardless of what he says or does. On the other hand they were the same ones that were extremely critical of everything that GWB did (IMVHO stemming from an election that they still feel was invalid in 2000, just like they say Rs never gave Obama a chance, Ds never gave GWB a chance) and even 7 years into Obama's term still blame him for most of the ills of the country.

 

No, teachers are not bomb experts. But why did they not call the authorities who would have called the bomb squad? They took the supposed dangerous object to the principal's office instead, hoping it would explode and kill the principal, I guess.

 

How many of these incidences do we need to make people more attentive?

 

 

I am asking this question because I really don't know, but do they call in an expert/ police when a kid brings a toy gun to school and is suspended?

You can make the same point about any President. This thread is discussing President Obama though. What happened 8+ years ago is irrelevant to the discussion.

 

FWIW, I detested it back then with President Bush much like I do now.

 

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. :thumb:

  • Author
A few things:

 

1) Does it seem like a smart thing to do, as the most powerful person in the most power country in the world, to make incendiary comments if you don't know all the facts? Why did he think it so necessary to make comments before knowing the facts? I tend to believe that, through the numerous advisers that he has, he had more information on the subject than we did, so you can't really use the comparison between the facts available to the president and what is available on a message board.

 

2) It seems like you are implying that people who don't support the president have lost any credibility when criticizing the president? That when someone does criticize the president they are just written off as someone who doesn't support him, and their criticisms mean nothing.

 

Part of being a responsible citizen is criticizing the president, and having those criticisms be heard. I agree, some are baseless. But just going along with whatever the president says/ does, and not being critical is disturbingly irresponsible.

 

Acknowledge that the president made a mistake and move on. That doesn't mean that you don't support him, or that your support has somehow been diminished, it just means that your willing to accept when a person makes a mistake.

 

What incendiary comments did he make? I missed them. I thought he just said nice clock. Bring it to the White House. Did he say something else?

Are you talking about in general, or at the racism charges against our current President? I don't know if a day goes by that someone on here doesn't claim he's playing the race card...

Hell yeah he plays he race card, and he has others play if for him too. His wife plays it, his supporters play it, his preacher played it.

What incendiary comments did he make? I missed them. I thought he just said nice clock. Bring it to the White House. Did he say something else?

 

You're right, I should have phrased it differently. How about this: "Does it seem like a smart thing to do, as the most powerful person in the most power country in the world, to prematurely assess a controversial situation if you don't know all the facts?"

 

Is that better? do you care to answer my question now?

Hell yeah he plays he race card, and he has others play if for him too. His wife plays it, his supporters play it, his preacher played it.

 

So do you...So what's the difference?

  • Author
You're right, I should have phrased it differently. How about this: "Does it seem like a smart thing to do, as the most powerful person in the most power country in the world, to prematurely assess a controversial situation if you don't know all the facts?"

 

Is that better? do you care to answer my question now?

 

What's the question? I'm still confused.

What's the question? I'm still confused.

 

Do you think it is smart of the president to prematurely comment on a situation before he knows the facts?

 

Why do you think the president felt the need to comment on the issue before he knew the facts (why not wait until the story is verified, instead of inviting the kid to the white house within hours of the story breaking?)

 

Are you implying that just because someone doesn't support the president, that their criticisms should just be dismissed?

^I guess a follow up question to question #2 that you posed would be, why is it such a big deal to you (general, not specific) that he invited the kid to the White House?

  • Author
Do you think it is smart of the president to prematurely comment on a situation before he knows the facts?

 

Why do you think the president felt the need to comment on the issue before he knew the facts (why not wait until the story is verified, instead of inviting the kid to the white house within hours of the story breaking?)

 

Are you implying that just because someone doesn't support the president, that their criticisms should just be dismissed?

 

1. I guess that depends on where people stand with their expectations of the POTUS. In this particular situation I don't find his tweet to the kid to be that horrible of a thing or a dumb decision.

 

2. Because he felt compassion for the kid.

 

3. Nope. But it seems to me that people who do support the president and don't criticize his every move aren't taken seriously.

So do you...So what's the difference?

 

Seriously

 

1 I ain't the POTUS with access to media and social media to try and influence people thoughts

 

2 I have 0 power as compared to him to make social changes

 

3 he is supposed to not try to divide the nation but help it come together

 

I so t go out spewing hate like he does

Seriously

 

1 I ain't the POTUS with access to media and social media to try and influence people thoughts

 

2 I have 0 power as compared to him to make social changes

 

3 he is supposed to not try to divide the nation but help it come together

 

I so t go out spewing hate like he does

 

And how exactly did him inviting this kid to the WH divide the nation?

^I guess a follow up question to question #2 that you posed would be, why is it such a big deal to you (general, not specific) that he invited the kid to the White House?

 

Because being invited to the White House is supposed to be a reward. It is regarded as a pretty high honor. What did this kid do to deserve this honor? He disassembled a clock and made it look like a bomb. Why should he be receiving the same honor that our wounded warriors and other respectable figures receive? Even when sports teams win a world or national championship, at least they have achieved something. Why should this kid receive the same honor as them?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.