Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

14 Year Old arrested for making a clock

Featured Replies

 

Here's the thing though...When the vast majority of posters on here criticize every single thing the President does (hell, I'm sure they'd criticize him for taking time out of his day to use the restroom if they could), the legit criticisms get brushed aside and lose any and all validity.

 

I rarely post about Obama. I've been consistent that he makes statements on certain topics far too soon though.

  • Replies 311
  • Views 29.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am asking this question because I really don't know, but do they call in an expert/ police when a kid brings a toy gun to school and is suspended?

 

I don't believe the police (if they have a local SWAT Team) has a "gun squad". I do know they have a "bomb squad" though. :lol2:

'Clock Kid' Ahmed Mohamed, family suing Texas city, school for $15 million | Fox News

 

 

Ahmed Mohamed is looking to strike it rich before the clock strikes midnight on the “clock kid” story.

 

Attorneys for Mohamed, 14, and his family want $15 million in damages and apologies from several officials stemming from Mohamed’s September 14 arrest, when he brought to school a homemade clock that a teacher flagged as a possible bomb.

 

“As American citizens, all of us -- even the ones with ‘Muslim-sounding’ names like Ahmed Mohamed -- are entitled to have public officials with whom we come in contact to respect our rights,” a letter addressed to Mohamed’s former school district states.

 

The so-called “clock kid” incident prompted outrage from some who claimed Mohamed was profiled for being a Muslim and wrongfully arrested by police and suspended by MacArthur High School for a simple misunderstanding. The media circus that quickly enveloped the Texas high school freshman eventually even reached the White House. President Obama tweeted Mohamed an invitation to a White House event after complimenting the clock design. Mohamed has contended he built the clock to display his love of electronics. Detractors have suggested the clock was purchased pre-made and the entire episode was a carefully staged event.

 

In the aftermath of the incident, Mohamed’s attorneys assert, the teenager’s name and likeness will be “forever associated with arguably the most contentious and divisive socio-political issue of our time.”

 

A day after Mohamed met Obama at an October event at the White House, Mohamed’s family announced it was leaving the U.S. for Qatar.

 

Demand letters issued by Mohamed’s attorneys on Monday sought $5 million from the Irving Independent School District and $10 million from the City of Irving in addition to written apologies from the Irving ISD and the city’s mayor and police chief.

 

The letter to Irving ISD alleges several violations of school policy, including that employees “disregarded the district’s written policies and procedures by detaining, interrogating and attempting to coerce a confession from Ahmed.” The letter also claims Mohamed suffered “severe psychological trauma” and was harassed by officials.

 

The letter to the City of Irving asserts that Mohamed’s constitutional rights were violated.

 

“Let’s face it, if Ahmed’s clock were ‘Jennifer’s clock,’ and if the pencil case were ruby red bedazzled with a clear rhinestone skull and crossbones on the cover, this would never have happened,” the letter states.

 

In a sentence that is bolded, italicized and underlined, Mohamed’s attorneys write that their client’s “reputation in the global community is permanently scarred.”

 

“If you fail to comply with the above demands within 60 days from the date of this letter, you should expect that we will file a civil action addressing the causes of action and events described in this letter,” one of the letters stated.

Let Obama pay it, he is his friend.

If Jennifer's pencil box intentionally looked like a bomb, then Jennifer would have been treated the same way.

 

BTW he wasn't arrested was he? I thought he was detained at school then released.

If Jennifer's pencil box intentionally looked like a bomb, then Jennifer would have been treated the same way.

 

BTW he wasn't arrested was he? I thought he was detained at school then released.

 

I believe you are right regarding him being arrested

  • Author

 

BTW he wasn't arrested was he? I thought he was detained at school then released.

 

Yes. I was schooled on the difference between arrested and detained earlier in this thread.

  • Author

15 million dollars?

 

 

They tripping.

In Texas??? Good luck with that. Attorney's going to do a lot of work for nothing.

In Texas??? Good luck with that. Attorney's going to do a lot of work for nothing.

 

I wonder if everyone's favorite Texas attorney is on the case?

I am just shocked that this family is trying to cash in...just shocked....

I'm sure they will spend their money wise and support ISIS as good as they can

They live in Qatar now I'm sure that money will be put to good use ..........

  • Author
They live in Qatar now I'm sure that money will be put to good use ..........

 

I don't blame them for leaving. Especially being residents of Texas. The money grab ain't cool though.

I don't blame them for leaving. Especially being residents of Texas. The money grab ain't cool though.

 

Leaving the area I agree I have no problem with. The country they chose doesn't look good .

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.