Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

14 Year Old arrested for making a clock

Featured Replies

MNT ref, we all pick and choose, you can't possibly pick everything even when all may be good causes.

 

I'm sure most on this board are charitable to some degree, some more than others, but a person can't be charitable to ever one who needs it, it's impossible.

 

Without reading every post what is this referring to

  • Replies 311
  • Views 29.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Without reading every post what is this referring to

 

I couldn't find the post of refs that someone quoted. He said that Obama picks and chooses when to comment.

 

We all do, as we can't do everything. I wouldn't expect someone, even Rand Paul if he was president, to comment on everything or invite everyone to the Whitehouse. (I mentioned Paul as he is your guy, so not picking on him, just that I see there are limits to what a person can do and/or who they can see).

 

There are other things out there that need our attention, this event had its attention, it worked out great in the end for the kid, but work on fixing a few things but we have other things that are needing our attention.

I couldn't find the post of refs that someone quoted. He said that Obama picks and chooses when to comment.

 

We all do, as we can't do everything. I wouldn't expect someone, even Rand Paul if he was president, to comment on everything or invite everyone to the Whitehouse. (I mentioned Paul as he is your guy, so not picking on him, just that I see there are limits to what a person can do and/or who they can see).

 

There are other things out there that need our attention, this event had its attention, it worked out great in the end for the kid, but work on fixing a few things but we have other things that are needing our attention.

 

I get that and agree. But I could also see how some would see of pattern of him coming out in situations where to enforce a negative outlook on police.

I get that and agree. But I could also see how some would see of pattern of him coming out in situations where to enforce a negative outlook on police.

 

And I see where some could see that.

 

Ok, I need to hurry to get to a game.. Bbl... Take care

Saw this on FB...it does look like a real bomb

 

[ATTACH]52377[/ATTACH]

 

This is sooooo biased it makes my blood boil. Muslim kid? American kid? So the Muslim kid can't be American?

 

Not directed at you, JD, just the Facebook post.

I got you...I just posted basically to compare his clock to a real bomb

@UKMustangFan is exactly correct. IF the school in any way thought that this was a bomb, their very first line of business should have been to evacuate the building. Since they didn't do that, I'm questioning what the kid was suspended for.

 

And the police couldn't get a straight answer out of a high school freshmen? I'm simply shocked! Have they spent much time around that age kid?

The kid knew exactly what he was doing.. He didn't "make a clock".. He took an old clock apart and made it resemble a bomb... He should be punished instead of being made some kind of hero....

I got you...I just posted basically to compare his clock to a real bomb

 

I could see how the mistake could be made initially.

It's a mistake. The school is 100% wrong. But the whole thing is completely out of proportion IMO.

  • Author
The kid knew exactly what he was doing.. He didn't "make a clock".. He took an old clock apart and made it resemble a bomb... He should be punished instead of being made some kind of hero....

 

He was punished. He was arrested, handcuffed and hauled off like a criminal for making a clock that resembled a bomb that we see on TV. Oh, and he was suspended from school for 3 days and has had to transfer schools as well. I'm thinking he was punished but we all have different definitions of punishment.

The headline is misleading. All this dude is saying is that he made a poor clock. He said he shouldn't have been arrested.

 

Actually he's saying he didn't make the clock. It was a store bought clock he took apart.

 

No one is disputing the arrest was probably botched.

 

But if read the article a lot of orginal info is incorrect. Kid was also quoted in saying how hid it because he didn't want to alarm anyone. So he hinted that he new it didn't look kosher.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.