Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

14 Year Old arrested for making a clock

Featured Replies

On the bright side the young man may have just earned himself an academic scholarship.

  • Replies 311
  • Views 29.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the bright side the young man may have just earned himself an academic scholarship.

 

And a trip to the White House

I did not read the story so I will assume the young man is Muslim. The young man, or his parents, should share this story with everyone at his mosque and tell them this is what extremists are doing to us. This is not a government problem. This is an Islamic extremist problem. If I were the young man's parent, I would stand before the people in my mosque and tell them, "Any of you who are extremists are to blame for this arrest. If you know an extremist and do not try to save him or her, you are to blame. You are bringing ill will to our faith. You caused this problem and are hurting all Muslims with extremist talk and actions, or lack of action. Do not blame anyone except the extremists for this. Let's take our faith back from the extremists."
Are you a Christian?
  • Author
President ObamaVerified account ‏@POTUS

Cool clock, Ahmed. Want to bring it to the White House? We should inspire more kids like you to like science. It's what makes America great.

 

He had to say something......

  • Author
I did not read the story so I will assume the young man is Muslim. The young man, or his parents, should share this story with everyone at his mosque and tell them this is what extremists are doing to us. This is not a government problem. This is an Islamic extremist problem. If I were the young man's parent, I would stand before the people in my mosque and tell them, "Any of you who are extremists are to blame for this arrest. If you know an extremist and do not try to save him or her, you are to blame. You are bringing ill will to our faith. You caused this problem and are hurting all Muslims with extremist talk and actions, or lack of action. Do not blame anyone except the extremists for this. Let's take our faith back from the extremists."

 

Is this sarcasm?

  • Author
President Obama won Twitter today!

 

That means stay away from Facebook.

I did not read the story so I will assume the young man is Muslim. The young man, or his parents, should share this story with everyone at his mosque and tell them this is what extremists are doing to us. This is not a government problem. This is an Islamic extremist problem. If I were the young man's parent, I would stand before the people in my mosque and tell them, "Any of you who are extremists are to blame for this arrest. If you know an extremist and do not try to save him or her, you are to blame. You are bringing ill will to our faith. You caused this problem and are hurting all Muslims with extremist talk and actions, or lack of action. Do not blame anyone except the extremists for this. Let's take our faith back from the extremists."

 

Gonna have to disagree with you a little here. I think the idea of "extremism" is exaggerated. These ideas are held by a disturbingly high number of Muslims. I have criticized some Christian ideas on this board, so I am proud to be even-handed with the criticism. The failure to recognize the dangers posed by Islam could prove tragic for our nation, and I lay the blame for the failure at the feet of political correctness. I suppose I will take heat for this, but polls conducted within the Muslim world, as well as examinations of voting results in the Muslim world are really really scary. Have at me.

Edited by MayfieldFan
typo

Wow the school was in a tough situation after seeing the thing. Now we all are being Monday Morning Qb's and that is all we can do. If I were the principal I would tell the student to leave it where it was. I would then ask the obvious questions What is this? Why did you bring it to school? etc. If I received reasonable answers I would proceed with the day and move on after I was sure it was what he said. If anytime I thought it was dangerous, I would evacuate the building and call local authorities and then it is in their hands. What happens there is between them, the student and his parents.

 

Now the school has a PR nightmare that they have to resolve quickly. The principal will have to follow protocol for these types of events. I would put that into action and try to do damage control, if needed. If the police acted the way it appears, it would be needed.

 

It appears to me the school probably could have handled it with no problem, that is if the student was honest and answered the questions.

 

This is all speculative because I am not sure we know everything.

Student brings a clock to school. School has him arrested and claim it's a "bomb". School leaves all students in the building with the "bomb". What am I missing here?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.