Jason Frakes on St. X

theguru

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

St. X beat Trinity last year and lost to Trinity 9-3 in the playoffs last year. Has so much changed in a year that it is out the realm of possibility that St. X can hang with Male and Trinity this season? I get that Male and Trinity are supposed to be better this season than what they were last season but isn't St. X supposed to be better this season also?

St. X beat Trinity last year and lost to Trinity 9-3 in the playoffs last year. Has so much changed in a year that it is out the realm of possibility that St. X can hang with Male and Trinity this season? I get that Male and Trinity are supposed to be better this season than what they were last season but isn't St. X supposed to be better this season also?

I think Trinity and Male both return more this season than X and they aren't still working out the kinks of a new offense.

Yep, people can't have it both ways. Is St. Xavier a contender? Or, are they down? Some people may be speaking out both sides of their mouths.

I won't deny, after the scrimmage with SK I thought they were down. However, beating both Henry Clay and Bowling Green in such a convincing manner seems to have proven that thought wrong. I suspect most other posters have come to the same conclusion.

The real question that remains if St. X is a contender, then what does the scrimmage with SK mean? Did St. X just treat it as practice without caring about the score or is it an indication of SK's strength?

As far as X being down, were they ever up. X the past 4 years have lost 20 games, 5 a year. They have been competative, but not championship competative. So, when they return only 3 starters, you don't expect them to be championship contender, but they are always going to be good just because of shear numbers.