Jason Frakes on St. X

theguru

"Those who thought 6-A was a 2-team race between Male and Trinity (including myself) were wrong. St. X looks very strong."

Agree? Disagree?

After watching X on film last week against Henry Clay I am going to disagree for now.

How about you?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Those who thought 6-A was a 2-team race between Male and Trinity (including myself) were wrong. St. X looks very strong."

Agree? Disagree?

After watching X on film last week against Henry Clay I am going to disagree for now.

How about you?

It will be a 3 or 4 team race but not X.

Agree? Disagree?

How about you?

I'd say BG is better than Henry Clay and the goal is to get better every week. They may be much improved from the Henry Clay.

Anyone who ever counts X out before district play is crazy. X usually gets better week after week. Some years they stall out mid-season, but it is rare the first game of the season, or a scrimmage, ever says anything about X at the end of the season

Yep, people can't have it both ways. Is St. Xavier a contender? Or, are they down? Some people may be speaking out both sides of their mouths.

It's hard to tell. Maybe X isn't as down as we thought. From what I have read here it sounds like settling on a QB has made a huge difference, perhaps X is taking the same approach to their offense that T has over the years. Install more week by week and develop it as the season goes on. If that is their method then you will likely see a different X squad than you did in their scrimmage with SK.

Either way I am not concerned about SK as their defense seems "porous" to quote some people from last season.

It's hard to tell. Maybe X isn't as down as we thought. From what I have read here it sounds like settling on a QB has made a huge difference, perhaps X is taking the same approach to their offense that T has over the years. Install more week by week and develop it as the season goes on. If that is their method then you will likely see a different X squad than you did in their scrimmage with SK.

Either way I am not concerned about SK as their defense seems "porous" to quote some people from last season.

Can't wait till December!