Bluegrasspreps' Class 3A Rankings 8-30-15

Ram

I think them and Bell County in the regional final is almost a given. Who are the 2-4 teams you see giving Corbin the most trouble during the regular season?

I believe that any of the 5 listed below could beat the Redhounds right now. I don't think Corbin will lose all of these games, but will lose some of them. They are just really inexperienced right now, at the Whitley game, I counted 7 new starters on offense and 7 new starters on defense.

1. Southwestern

2. Mayfield

3. Bell Co.

4. Knox Central

5. Danville

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few thoughts:

- Call it a gut feeling, but I think Boyle Co. smashes the Admirals to solidify their top ranking.

- Belfry rolls over Harlan Co.

- The games featuring teams 3-5 are relative toss-ups.

- Corbin might put a first half running clock on Clay Co.

- Caldwell is still a mystery to me.

- E-Town finally faces someone with a pulse.

- I'm afraid my Red Devils might take one on the chin from a hungry Tigers squad.

- Bell Co. limps out of the woodshed to get an easy bounce back win against PCC.

FWIW, Belfry is seeking their 6th straight Finals this season and are two missed XP's away from seeking their Fifth Straight Title.

You won't find a bigger Chuck Smith fan than myself. Outside of Dale Mueller maybe, he has been pound for pound the most successful HC in KY History. But let's not make it out like Smith is a demi-God compared to everyone else.

It's also fair to point out that Smith had a pretty sick talent pool to work with during that run. Robbins is a great player but the Leffew brothers, the Tamme brothers, Overstreet, Matt Quinn, and Taylor Begley aren't walking through that tunnel this year.

Boyle Co Football was trash before Smith built it into what it is today...I'm not saying he's better than any other coach, but what I am saying is that he grew that program from the youth program up and picked up right where he left off in 2004.

And it's only going to get better in the coming years.

A few thoughts:

- E-Town finally faces someone with a pulse.

I agree E-town's first two games were probably easier than expected. But I don't get all the love for North Oldham either. What kind of speed do they have with Beasley gone? And they beat up on Western and Oldham, not exactly a gauntlet to start the season either. Should be a great game Friday.

I would have to say LC will own September. I see them going undefeated in that month. I thought that Ryle was the scariest game to me. There were a number of reasons on why I didn't feel confident for that one.

Going into the game the Knights had played Ballard in a scrimmage and Boone County in their first regular season game. I said numerous times that the "training wheels were coming off". I made that statement for this reason: in that scrimmage against Ballard they were leading and pulled most of the starters at halftime and everyone of them after the 3 quarter. Against Boone County it was the middle of the second quarter when we pulled everyone. When you're winning big and laughing on the sideline life is good. When Ryle didn't roll over, they countered LexCath with a flurry that the team hadn't seen yet, they were in shock. The kids were used to the third quarter relaxation that they had experienced early this year. That is the fault of the players and coaches for not better preparing themselves for a team that was battle tested in their previous two weeks. That was not a quality display of four quarters.

LexCath didn't play like champions in that second half. I've had people blame the late kick but it was late for the Ryle players and staff too. Instead I blame our efforts solely on us. Keep everyone accountable. 156 yards in penalties that is not disciplined football. 8 dropped balls from our starting wide outs, that's not acceptable. Getting whipped around in the second half on the lines of scrimmage that's not championship football. Special team coverage and returns was the worst night I've seen in a decade of LexCath football.

After practice today they will be locked back into reality. That Taste of losing is the best reality check out there. And I can assure you that today's practice will resemble track practice because there will a price to pay for those errors on Friday.

Good afternoon

Love it! ACOUNTABILITY and RESPONSIBILITY which Lex Cath players and staff did not have in the 2nd half. It will be fixed!

Boyle Co Football was trash before Smith built it into what it is today...I'm not saying he's better than any other coach, but what I am saying is that he grew that program from the youth program up and picked up right where he left off in 2004.

And it's only going to get better in the coming years.

I agree with a strong freshman class that went undefeated as 8th graders and this years 8th grade class which in my opinion could be the best I've ever seen at Boyle the 6th & 7th grade classes are loaded with talent the future looks bright for Boyle co football.

I agree E-town's first two games were probably easier than expected. But I don't get all the love for North Oldham either. What kind of speed do they have with Beasley gone? And they beat up on Western and Oldham, not exactly a gauntlet to start the season either. Should be a great game Friday.

I'm certainly no expert on North Oldham, but the fact that they've won their first two games in such dominant fashion, tells me that they're a significant upgrade over E-Town's first two opponents. One way or another, we'll find out more about E-Town this week.