8. Elizabethtown vs. 4A #6 North Oldham

9. Russell at Ironton (OH)

10. Bell County at 3A Pike County Central

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Belfry wins and still moves down, is that fair? Who really belongs at number one? Lexington Catholic and Johnson Central should tell us something about each team. Will Central have a set back against a highly ranked 2A team? Russell started the season with a win, put they won't get two in a row as they travel across the pond to play a strong Ironton team. Who moves up next week? Who will move down?

I think Boyle has been more impressive at this point than anyone else. Well deserved, IMO.

Man, there are some good games this week involving the 3A top ten. I wish I could be at about 6 places at once.

Seems like this every week in 3A. This class is crazy. I'm keeping an eye on Caldwell County now. North Hardin isn't ranked and they got smacked by John Hardin last week but they are still a quality team. A win by Caldwell County over North Hardin will impress me.

Boyle County impressed me last Saturday and Central Hardin defeating PT impressed me even more.

3A is ridiculous.

As a Belfry supporter I have no issue with Boyle jumping them with their body of work thusfar.

Boyle has put two signature wins together and with what Central Hardin did to Tilghman it legitimized the Week 0 victory even more. Belfry looked like a #1 team in flashes, but they also looked like a team who may lose 4 games in the regular season.

I think Belfry has more upside due to their depth and that massive Oline that will give them an advantage against any 3A team they face, but right now Boyle just looks like the more polished team and their body of work reflects that.

The story to me right now is Caldwell County and Etown. Both have looked really sharp thusfar.

I would love to know more about Central and what happened this week @Jason Frakes. Is it injuries or just a lack of consistency?

Corbin also is an odd bird right now. They have won two games handily, but at the same time haven't really dominated against pretty generic competition.

I said it in a previous thread, the way 3A is designed this year teams will take turns looking the most impressive. The month of August goes to Boyle County.

Who do you expect to own September?

Boyle, they are just better coached than other teams.

I thought you said teams would take turns looking impressive? If Boyle owned August, wouldn't you expect another team to look good this coming week, this coming month?

I thought you said teams would take turns looking impressive? If Boyle owned August, wouldn't you expect another team to look good this coming week, this coming month?

I didn't say it lol, I was just saying I expect Boyle with all of their seniors and the coaching they have to own 3A all season.

Who do you expect to own September?

Boyle County appears to have the most favorable September schedule. If LexCath emerges from September undefeated then they'll own September. If Belfry goes undefeated in September then they will have a legitimate argument for owning September as well.

Belfry sure is out coached with a 4 time State Championship winning Coach who happens to be the States All-Time winner

Yeah. I don't know if that is how he meant it, but sure doesn't read well.

Tell that to coach Smith's 5 in 5 years before bolting for the SEC. I am not bashing Haywood by any means, or any other coaches at top programs. What Boyle has done, and the way coach Smith seems to have gotten the program back on top again in just his second year is just vastly different from what other programs do.