Cooper 3 Highlands 3

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooper almost got on the board in the first 15 seconds tonight, Snow split the D with a ball to Cooper who ended up getting pushed down in the box, the ref did not see it that way and Highlands was able to counter quickly. At the other end, the Cooper goalie collided with the HHS player at the post and had to be helped off the field, Cooper played the rest of the match with their backup goalie... who really stepped up and did a nice job tonight. Way to go Austin Miller!!!

The Jags did end up getting on the board first tonight but the Birds were able to fight back and tie it up before half. The second half brought a lot of back and forth action and Highlands was able to take a 2-1 lead on a nice pass through Coopers back line. A questionable call for handling in the box was made against Cooper with 17 minutes left and HHS converted the kick to take a 3-1 lead. Cooper was able to fight back and their last two goals were direct shots off of free kicks. The second one came after a trip from behind by the last defender which resulted in a straight red card. If not for a great save by Tully, Cooper would have taken the lead with just over 2 minutes left. I would liked to have seen the Jags complete the comeback and get the win but I think this was a fair result for both teams.

It was a nice atmosphere tonight, the HHS student section was out in force and was definitely trying to impact the play with their chants and comments during the match, it was all in good fun and was nice to see. Their students were very classy after the match, I saw several of them applauding the Cooper boys when they jogged over to applaud the fans. As the kids would say, "they have been blowing up twitter" after the match with some pretty nice compliments.

Edited by Yellow Card

They definitely were a little better focused tonight, looked more like they did in the first half against SK. It was nice to see them fight through some adversity and they had a few kids, on both sides of the field, really step up in the latter stages of the match.

Definitely was not a hand ball I was right there and his hands were in a natural potion and the ball hit the hand. The red card foul was the exact same play that occurred in the St Henry game when no card was given. I just got to say the two free kicks by snow were sick from my angle I could see the English he put on the kicks and the goalie was definitely fooled. Got to wonder why HHS would put players on the post on a free kick outside the 18 so as to give the other team a chance to screen the goalie.

Definitely was not a hand ball I was right there and his hands were in a natural potion and the ball hit the hand. The red card foul was the exact same play that occurred in the St Henry game when no card was given. I just got to say the two free kicks by snow were sick from my angle I could see the English he put on the kicks and the goalie was definitely fooled. Got to wonder why HHS would put players on the post on a free kick outside the 18 so as to give the other team a chance to screen the goalie.

I am with you there Sir. Certainly not a very tactical decision on someone's part on that sideline. Speaking of the sideline, can someone tell me why HHS best player, Gesenhues, is sitting for the entire first half? Love to hear the reasoning behind that one.

Sounds like very questionable tactical decisions by HHS.

Less than 1 foot outside the 18. Too close to get the ball up and down that close. The only way Snow misses is if he hits something. Dropping one defender to the line put 4-5 Cooper bodies and 3 more HHS bodies in the way on the non-wall side, most of whom were less stationary than the wall.. Snow absolutely crushed the ball and while it did catch s small piece of something it still scored. From that distance as a shooter I'd rather have it all clear than congested. Worst outcome possible for team shooting the ball is you hit your own player and with players moving it can and does happen. But everyone has a preference and an opinion and BGP is the place to post it.

A free kick from just outside the box and Highlands had a guy on the post? Have never heard of that done. Put a wall, keeper takes open side. No other way that should be done. A man on the post allows the attacking team to stand on the goal line and still be on sides.