Cooper 3 Highlands 3

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with you there Sir. Certainly not a very tactical decision on someone's part on that sideline. Speaking of the sideline, can someone tell me why HHS best player, Gesenhues, is sitting for the entire first half? Love to hear the reasoning behind that one.

I guess the only way you will know the actual reason is to talk to the coach, or the player.... which probably won't happen. I really can't figure out why people feel that they are owed an explanation in these instances.

It's entirely possible that HHS has not practiced being in that situation but really should have by now. Maybe their players didn't know what to do. Most teams focus way too much on other things and not on set pieces, which often decide games.

A free kick from just outside the box and Highlands had a guy on the post? Have never heard of that done. Put a wall, keeper takes open side. No other way that should be done. A man on the post allows the attacking team to stand on the goal line and still be on sides.

It allowed a player to stand in front of the goalie and took away from the goalie being able to concentrate on the shot.

I am with you both on the way to play this, it is not what the Birds did. They put 5 boys in the wall, almost dead center, and put a kid on each post. It almost looked like they were trying to limit the area that was available to shoot at.

I just watched the shot on Twitter several times, although Cooper had a man by the goalie he actually stood slightly in front of him but a little to his side. In the video, it does not look like this player impacted what the goalie did, or saw. The goalie is actually moving just before the ball was struck, he seems to have seen it well, went the right direction... just could not get to the post in time. It looks like the ball actually deflected off the head of the defender that was on that post and still had more than enough pace to make it into the net.

I am not able to get just the kick, there was about a 3 minute delay in play before the shot took place and I think this is making the file a little large for BGP's liking.

It was a really, really nice goal...

Playing with three defenders in high school is also questionable, offense sells tickets but defense wins games.

I thought it looked like they were trying to keep 3 across the back most of the time and what would have been the 4th defender was man-marking most of the match.