Praise for the KHSAA

As hard as some of us on here can be on the KHSAA, they deserve some praise for a recent rule change.

Basketball players can now attend college elite camps any time after school starts. The only stipulation is that the camp must be sponsored by an NCAA or NAIA member institution and take place within 100 miles of that college's campus. Camps can only be attended by coaches of that member institution.

08/07/15 ? Reminder about Bylaw 9 Allowances for Boys Basketball | Kentucky High School Athletic Association

This rule change does not allow student athletes to attend camps like the John Lucas camp.

I think this is a huge change for the better and helps our student athletes get the exposure they need to earn scholarships.

Let's give credit although not many schools have a Elite camps past August. But this is crazy is it not the parents decsion if a kid goes to a basketball camp to enhance there future? Is the Khsaa going pay for scholarships for all these kids? This is a big opportunity lost for KY kids

While I don't agree with the bylaw and would like to see it amended I don't think any kid missing one or two camps in the fall is going to lose a scholarship opportunity. If they haven't proven themselves in the summer and during the school season then a camp or two in August or September isn't going to change much for them.