9th Regions Top Teams - 2015

Holmes...followed closely by HHS and Ryle.

Agree with the above. Holy Cross will be very competitive but lost too much to graduation to be the team to beat. Holmes did loose couple to graduation but brings back the bulk of their impressive team and has to be considered team to beat in the 9th. Highlands and Ryle will both have talented and experienced senior leadership. That's your pre season top 3.

1) Holmes - top to bottom the best

2) Highlands - pretty much a 1b as the core of last year's team returns, the drop off after these top 2 is huge

3) Ryle - new coach, tremendous senior class with great size and some young talent, if they can get everything clicking they have a chance to join the top 2 as the clear cut best in the region, but there are some questions that need to be answered.

4) NDA - tough year last year, returns a lot in the backcourt but some definite front court questions

5) Holy Cross - lost a lot but a couple of pieces coming back from the championship team alongside some young talent should put them neck in neck w/NDA for district runner-up

6) Conner - solid team, chemistry will need to continue to develop as the younger players in the program continue to hone their skills and take on more and more workload

7) Boone - the transfer from Robertson puts them in the top 10

8) NCC - stellar coaching, but losing Ware hurts

9) St. Henry - still a year or two away from making some really loud noise but definitely the best of that district

10) Cooper - a lot of questions but don't count them out of making waves in their district

11) Dixie - let's see what they do without Tibbs

12) Newport - Kyle Orr's swan song, do they have enough to compete with NCC?

13) Beechwood - I really don't know what's going to happen here. Beechwood has been a bit of a mystery the last few years with some great talent at times (including the very talented Allison Johnson), just never enough to escape that stellar district

14) Lloyd - Lost Gentry to graduation but returning Behanan and Cheatum

15) Bellevue - Kira Ross' senior year, look for her to be a 15 ppg scorer

16) Villa - Lexie Aytes struggled somewhat in the first year of the Coburn administration, watch for her to bounce back to double digit figures

17) Ludlow - losing not only the star player Wofford but the great coach Wofford (and not as of yet having a new coach) will make this a rebuilding year for them.

18) Dayton - only four region wins last year

19) Covington Latin - 2 region wins last year

20) Heritage - no region wins last year

1) Holmes - top to bottom the best

2) Highlands - pretty much a 1b as the core of last year's team returns, the drop off after these top 2 is huge

3) Ryle - new coach, tremendous senior class with great size and some young talent, if they can get everything clicking they have a chance to join the top 2 as the clear cut best in the region, but there are some questions that need to be answered.

4) NDA - tough year last year, returns a lot in the backcourt but some definite front court questions

5) Holy Cross - lost a lot but a couple of pieces coming back from the championship team alongside some young talent should put them neck in neck w/NDA for district runner-up

6) Conner - solid team, chemistry will need to continue to develop as the younger players in the program continue to hone their skills and take on more and more workload

7) Boone - the transfer from Robertson puts them in the top 10

8) NCC - stellar coaching, but losing Ware hurts

9) St. Henry - still a year or two away from making some really loud noise but definitely the best of that district

10) Cooper - a lot of questions but don't count them out of making waves in their district

11) Dixie - let's see what they do without Tibbs

12) Newport - Kyle Orr's swan song, do they have enough to compete with NCC?

13) Beechwood - I really don't know what's going to happen here. Beechwood has been a bit of a mystery the last few years with some great talent at times (including the very talented Allison Johnson), just never enough to escape that stellar district

14) Lloyd - Lost Gentry to graduation but returning Behanan and Cheatum

15) Bellevue - Kira Ross' senior year, look for her to be a 15 ppg scorer

16) Villa - Lexie Aytes struggled somewhat in the first year of the Coburn administration, watch for her to bounce back to double digit figures

17) Ludlow - losing not only the star player Wofford but the great coach Wofford (and not as of yet having a new coach) will make this a rebuilding year for them.

18) Dayton - only four region wins last year

19) Covington Latin - 2 region wins last year

20) Heritage - no region wins last year

Great crack at the top twenty - good work.

My only comment would be that I wouldn't even have Notre Dame in the top 10- maybe 11th. Just don't see it with what they have coming back.

Great crack at the top twenty - good work.

My only comment would be that I wouldn't even have Notre Dame in the top 10- maybe 11th. Just don't see it with what they have coming back.

And I completely understand that assessment, especially with them coming off a rocky year. They lost 3 players, two of them in the front court. They return their point guard, 2 other varsity tested guards, and a lot of good pieces that have made up their stellar jv teams of the last couple years. My strongest question is the front court.

I still stand by my comment that it will be them neck and neck with HC for district runner up.