A Tribe Called Quest Documentary

Clyde

Is this the one Michael Rappaport did? I think I have seen this one. I never knew the group dynamic was as volatile as it was. Phife and Tip hate each other. That sucks so bad.

Yes. Rapaport directed it.

Yes, a thousand times yes. Please say it's on Netflix.

No, sir.

I had to get it from my local library.

Questlove was quoted as saying the last great day of hip-hop was the day in 93 when Midnight Marauders came out.

• 7 months later...
No' date=' sir. I had to get it from my local library. Questlove was quoted as saying the last great day of hip-hop was the day in 93 when Midnight Marauders came out.[/quote']

Phife died today.

No, sir.

I had to get it from my local library.

Questlove was quoted as saying the last great day of hip-hop was the day in 93 when Midnight Marauders came out.

Ha! I remember that day. One of the greatest albums ever. Award Tour was released before the album and Award Tour knocked!!!! After the album came out Award Tour wasn't even one of the top 7 songs on the album. :lol2:

The Tribe was en fuego and a pleasure to witness at the 1994 Lollapalooza in Cincinnati. A lot of bands brought the house down that year:

1994: Alt-rock dominated the music industry and it was another good year for Lollapalooza, with a broad range of headliners including Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day, Beastie Boys, George Clinton's P-Funk All Stars, the Breeders (featuring Dayton's Kim and Kelley Deal), A Tribe Called Quest, L7, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds and Boredoms.

But the second stage acts almost stole the show - Flaming Lips, Guided By Voices (more Dayton rock), Lambchop, Stereolab, Charlie Hunter Trio, Shonen Knife, Black Crowes and Cypress Hill among them. July 20, Lollapalooza returned to Riverbend.

:thumb:

I learned about this doc around the time I got really into Reasonable Doubt and once it clicked that the bridges or choruses (or whatever they qualify as) of 22 Twos was an ATCQ allusion, I was hooked.

Phife was always my favorite of the group due to my family history of diabetes and I had a few moments of introspection when I learned of his passing. I gotta get my stuff together...