Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting in Charleston, SC

Featured Replies

You might want to consider expanding your horizons. Even just a teeny, tiny bit.:thumb:

 

I had no desire to listen to the litany of people talking about enhanced gun laws that would have done noting to prevent this.

  • Replies 322
  • Views 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
enhanced gun laws that would have done noting to prevent this.

Agreed! The only thing what would have stopped him, well, was another gun. If he didn't have access to a gun, as someone pointed out earlier, he could have used a pressure cooker like the Boston bombers. People are crazy and the only way to stop with is with force, not more laws. They need to worry about the laws on the books now and enforce them.

 

I'm sorry, but if I was black and in this church, and saw this young white kid alone, I would have wondered "what the hell is he doing here?", and "this can't be good".

When you provide MediaMatters, you have as much credibility as you give Fox.

 

AJG, you need to get a grip. I do not dislike you, I don't know you. I may not agree with some of your posts, that is far from dislike. I like and dislike posts from many posters. That neither means I like or dislike them. I know some posters but don't know most.

 

I said nothing of you losing all credibility. Again, I think you need to get a grip.

 

Sure sounds like you questioned my credibility. Again, I posted a link to a site that had a link to Fox's own video. So how is that site not credible? Did Fox misquote itself?

 

You also said that I often (your words) criticize Fox for being inaccurate. I'd like you to show me where I've done that more than a time or two...

Agreed! The only thing what would have stopped him, well, was another gun. If he didn't have access to a gun, as someone pointed out earlier, he could have used a pressure cooker like the Boston bombers. People are crazy and the only way to stop with is with force, not more laws. They need to worry about the laws on the books now and enforce them.

 

I'm sorry, but if I was black and in this church, and saw this young white kid alone, I would have wondered "what the hell is he doing here?", and "this can't be good".

 

That was me. You can't outlaw everything an evil person can use to wreck havoc. I have never owned a gun and never really had any desire to own one but if the regular rush to feel good legislation starts happening I may join the frenzy. I know someone who teaches a concealed carry course. I promise I would dot every I and cross every T. As I recall the last time a big push for stronger gun laws happened there was a spike in applications for licenses.

Let me get this right: The good-ol'-boy lawmakers willingly removed the Gadsden flags from their desks in Columbia today because said flag (which, I believe, symbolized the expansion of slavery) is a symbol of division. A truly moving gesture. Yet the Confederate flag (an even greater symbol of division) flies high tonight at the birthplace of the Civil War, unmoved by current tragedy, perhaps because of a technicality involving the scope of a special session.

 

Isn't this when state leaders should be leading?

 

If you took any American History class you'd realize the Gadsden flag was designed for the American Colonies as a rallying symbol to separate from England. In essence it is the very first flag of The United States of America. Associating it with slavery is ignorant and just trying to promote an agenda.

  • Author

11406793_813512378732233_8232446144317090449_n.jpg

 

Ok. I asked earlier what is wrong with this photo?

 

First, the suspect. notice how loose the vest is? It doesn't look big enough either, and there are no side plates, actually it just looks like a vest and no armor at all.

 

Both the escorts do not have their shooting hand free. Two of the three people that I see making the crowd stay back are not facing the correct way, facing the suspect isn't going to allow you to see if someone in the crowd is about to pull a gun or something. I see one officer in uniform in the correct position. The two near the crowd in this photo are facing the wrong way. Both escorts are escorting a high profile suspect and they are not wearing armor? Non media people are too close, and after the suspect and escorts pass the crowd should not be allowed to gather closer and follow the three. When they get to the cruiser people are allowed to surround the vehicle? Just inches from the officers, escort and suspect? Do they not have a secured area? If not why didn't they construct a blind?

attachment.php?attachmentid=51095

 

Ok. I asked earlier what is wrong with this photo?

 

First, the suspect. notice how loose the vest is? It doesn't look big enough either, and there are no side plates, actually it just looks like a vest and no armor at all.

 

Both the escorts do not have their shooting hand free. Two of the three people that I see making the crowd stay back are not facing the correct way, facing the suspect isn't going to allow you to see if someone in the crowd is about to pull a gun or something. I see one officer in uniform in the correct position. The two near the crowd in this photo are facing the wrong way. Both escorts are escorting a high profile suspect and they are not wearing armor? Non media people are too close, and after the suspect and escorts pass the crowd should not be allowed to gather closer and follow the three. When they get to the cruiser people are allowed to surround the vehicle? Just inches from the officers, escort and suspect? Do they not have a secured area? If not why didn't they construct a blind?

 

Really? My guess is they worked with what they had.

 

You are complaining about a lot of nothing.

  • Author
Really? My guess is they worked with what they had.

 

You are complaining about a lot of nothing.

 

Seriously? Then you know nothing about how to conduct a proper protection detail. If you care to take time to look, you will see that most are all out of position and/or not doing other things properly, and it doesn't take many people to do it the proper way.

 

You are going to guard a very high profile suspect, giving him a vest, even though it is on all wrong and not a proper vest, and put your life on the line and not wear proper protection? Or somehow get the suspect to the vehicle with less people around? Do they not have a sally area? If not, there are still other ways to do this properly which is also safely.

Edited by SportsGuy41017

I had no desire to listen to the litany of people talking about enhanced gun laws that would have done noting to prevent this.

 

It's amazing how easily we look past mental illness in this country. Basically to the liberals they've given up and accept it. They just want guns banned so it will be harder for the psychopaths to kill people, even though they're still going to do it, I guess if it's a knife or explosive it's different and the perp will be blamed.

[ATTACH]51095[/ATTACH]

 

Ok. I asked earlier what is wrong with this photo?

 

First, the suspect. notice how loose the vest is? It doesn't look big enough either, and there are no side plates, actually it just looks like a vest and no armor at all.

 

Both the escorts do not have their shooting hand free. Two of the three people that I see making the crowd stay back are not facing the correct way, facing the suspect isn't going to allow you to see if someone in the crowd is about to pull a gun or something. I see one officer in uniform in the correct position. The two near the crowd in this photo are facing the wrong way. Both escorts are escorting a high profile suspect and they are not wearing armor? Non media people are too close, and after the suspect and escorts pass the crowd should not be allowed to gather closer and follow the three. When they get to the cruiser people are allowed to surround the vehicle? Just inches from the officers, escort and suspect? Do they not have a secured area? If not why didn't they construct a blind?

 

Seems like 1963 (Oswald/Ruby) is long, long forgotten.

Seriously? Then you know nothing about how to conduct a proper protection detail..
Do you know HB20?

What we are seeing is that race is still an issue and not a whole lot different than it was previously.

 

Difference? Racists are quieter about it. It's also not generational. Millennials have race issues. Period.

It's amazing how easily we look past mental illness in this country. Basically to the liberals they've given up and accept it. They just want guns banned so it will be harder for the psychopaths to kill people, even though they're still going to do it, I guess if it's a knife or explosive it's different and the perp will be blamed.

 

I don't think this case will fall under "mental illness."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.