Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting in Charleston, SC

Featured Replies

  • Replies 322
  • Views 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This has devolved quickly into absurdity.

 

I think it has reached the point for me to employ the Ignore button.

Edited by AverageJoesGym

I think it had reached the point for me to employ the Ignore button.

 

I will pray for you as well, AJG.

Really sad and scary situation. I am interested to read more on the motives. Obviously it was race, but I wonder where this poor young man learned to hate? Parents? Or lack there of? Or something else?

Shooter's roommate said the shooter wanted to start a "civil war."

It's nuts to say that there was any other motivation then race. He chose a church because it's supposed to be a place of peace and safety and least likely to have someone armed to stop him.

  • Author
Prison is too kind. Gas Chamber would be better for this piece of waste.

Not true. Rotting away in prison he will suffer more. Plus he is young and young looking, he will have a boyfriend within minutes of arriving, which after a while he may end up taking his own life.

  • Author
It was at a church.

 

May those poor souls rest in peace today in heaven.

 

Yes it was at a church. I think he was pointing out that many will overlook the racism part, at least a little bit, and cry out "it was in a church". Meaning, what I read that Fox News said about it "a war on Christians", which is not the case, and completely ignoring the facts and misleading people.

Not true. Rotting away in prison he will suffer more. Plus he is young and young looking, he will have a boyfriend within minutes of arriving, which after a while he may end up taking his own life.

 

Don't they put death row inmates in cells by themselves?

Even I know it was race motivated.

 

BUT

 

Also done in a church with I think mostly older people so I think an attack on Christians isn't too far fetched.

 

Why I say that is he could have went to many more places and seen many more blacks in a place.

 

Maybe he did it as toward the State Senator, not sure if he even knew that who it was at time of shooting.

  • Author

It was a black pastor who brought it up on Fox, and he is very wrong in what he said. But then Doocy ran with it and said: "It's Extraordinary That Charleston Church Shooting Is Being Called A Hate Crime".

 

Racial? Yes! War on Christians? No!

 

I believe that an competent person who qualifies should be able to carry open or concealed anywhere, except federal buildings, and police stations.

 

If you wanted a "high kill count" you will go where there is a very slim chance that there will be someone else with a weapon, such as a school.

 

As soon as I heard this news last night the first thought I had was "was it a white person?", "I bet it's a white person".

 

I was a little surprised at how young the guy was. As soon as you heard of this I am sure almost all thought right away it most likely was racial. But with all that is coming out, nothing points to it being a war on Christians.

  • Author
Even I know it was race motivated.

 

BUT

 

Also done in a church with I think mostly older people so I think an attack on Christians isn't too far fetched.

 

Why I say that is he could have went to many more places and seen many more blacks in a place.

 

Maybe he did it as toward the State Senator, not sure if he even knew that who it was at time of shooting.

 

If it was someone that has a history being against a church or Christians, I'll think that their may be something there. But with all that's coming out on the kid, I can't see it as anything but being radical. If it was a Muslim there would be such an outcry now, and screams of a war on Christians would be heard everywhere. But if it was one Muslim, that would be one Muslim, not the whole lot of them.

 

Now if it was a white church, then you will have to look at the kids past, and ask why a church? Why this church?

 

The good thing about him being alive, which I am surprised he didn't end this in a shoutout and being killed, we can find out the "why?". And we can find out if it had anything to do with the Senator. Most officials have no clue how much they are in danger, it doesn't matter that political party they belong to, there are crazy people out there who could easily go after any of them. Sad but true.

 

Also, how many white people were in this church? I would guess he would kind of stick out. And with him being young, I would think that he would really have stood out.

As a parent, wouldn't i know my kid is a little nuts? And if so, is there any way I am giving him a .45 for his birthday? As someone else said, it will be interesting to see if he is on medication. Could a parent be charged if he is?

Yes it was at a church. I think he was pointing out that many will overlook the racism part, at least a little bit, and cry out "it was in a church". Meaning, what I read that Fox News said about it "a war on Christians", which is not the case, and completely ignoring the facts and misleading people.

 

Please provide a link to that. I've been watching Fox off and on most of the day and I've heard no one express that sentiment.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.