June 18, 201511 yr As a guy who grew up in the 90s I don't remember anything close to what we're seeing today. OJ is all I remember. Widespread home use of the Internet didn't come around until the late '90s. How much of your news now comes from the Internet? Unless a person was reading multiple newspapers a day and watching CNN around-the-clock, things flew under the radar a lot. And CNN wasn't totally developed at that point, focusing more on national news of great import than smaller regional stuff. In many ways, the coverage of OJ's pursuit and trial launched a different era in the way 24-hour news channels operated and the types of content they found viewers responding to (sensationalism).
June 18, 201511 yr Arrested during a traffic stop. Same way that fellow terrorist Timothy McVeigh was arrested.
June 18, 201511 yr Dylann Roof. The Roof, the Roof, the Roof is on fire, we don't need no water let this....
June 18, 201511 yr I was a nervous wreck. This happened 2 blocks from where my sister works. She's ok thank goodness.
June 18, 201511 yr Same way that fellow terrorist Timothy McVeigh was arrested. But police shouldnt profile.
June 18, 201511 yr I know this will come as a shock to some but I'm not an Obama fan.:eek: With that bias in mind couldn't he have waited at least 24 hours before his completely predictable push for stricter gun laws.:idunno:
June 18, 201511 yr I know this will come as a shock to some but I'm not an Obama fan.:eek: With that bias in mind couldn't he have waited at least 24 hours before his completely predictable push for stricter gun laws.:idunno: It's always the tool, I mean guns fault. Not the dad who purchased it for his troubled kid.
June 18, 201511 yr Dad's fault? Yeah, he purchased the gun but he didn't kill all those people. It's the shooter's fault and no one else's.
June 18, 201511 yr While I in no way, shape or form wish to make light of this situation, for those that will use this as another way to push for more gun laws what would have prevented this evil person from smuggling in an IED? Boston proved pressure cookers can be hidden in back packs and if this place has typical church pews could have been inconspicuously left under one. If he had done that would the victims he killed be any less dead?
June 18, 201511 yr .... My dad is a Chaplain in Charleston and calls last night the most horrific of his life (and he was involved in some doozies while working for a Federal Agency). Said the crime scene was unreal and many of the victims have through-and-through wounds in their forearms where they were covering their faces during the shooting. Also sad to hear that of the first responders, one was a fireman working his 3rd shift ever on the job, and a paramedic who was on her 4th day on the job. I feel badly for those two newbies as well, they couldn't have been prepared for that.
June 18, 201511 yr I wonder if this guy will follow the common pattern of being on a prescribed psychotropic drug of some sort? It seems almost all of these mass shootings (especially those by younger people) have been perpetrated by someone taking these types of medications.
June 18, 201511 yr There is a song going through my mind now, first word is Prison and the second word describes a female dog. A picture is worth 1,000 words in a song.
June 18, 201511 yr .... One of the scarier things, he left a woman alive intentionally so she could share with the world what he was saying as he slayed those innocent victims. He told her he feared he'd be killed and he wanted his mission shared. Dude is wacko.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.