June 18, 201511 yr I've never heard of it either. There isn't one. Churches can have it posted but that's about it. The only KRS I can find on it is from 2000. So, that info is just bunk.
June 18, 201511 yr Author No signs needed for a church. Unless you have permission, or LEO, you cannot bring guns into a church. BTW, I meant "in South Carolina".
June 18, 201511 yr Where is this law? I'd like to read it. I've never heard of it either. Section 23-31-215 of the South Carolina Law Pertaining To Concealed Weapon Permits: (M) A permit issued pursuant to this section does not authorize a permit holder to carry a concealable weapon into a: (I'm skipping all of the places except for the pertinent information) (8) Church or other established religious sanctuary unless express permission is given by the appropriate church official or governing body; The way that reads the church does not need a sign. The permit holder has to get permission to carry in the church.
June 18, 201511 yr There isn't one. Churches can have it posted but that's about it. The only KRS I can find on it is from 2000. So, that info is just bunk. No, it is completely accurate in regards to South Carolina where this happened.
June 18, 201511 yr Open and Concealed Gun Carry Laws in South Carolina | Criminal Law [h=2]Situations or Circumstances Where Carrying a Gun is Illegal[/h]The following rules govern when you may not carry a gun in South Carolina. Unless you are in your house, place of business, or on your own property, you may not carry a firearm without a concealed carry permit. (S.C. Code Ann.§ 16-23-20.) You may not carry a firearm (openly or concealed) on another person’s property if that person has prohibited it. (S.C. Code Ann.§ 23-31-220.) You may not carry a firearm in a jail, prison, or detention facility. (S.C. Code Ann.§ 24-13-440.) You may not carry a firearm on school premises (including day care and preschool facilities), in law enforcement offices or facilities, in court facilities, at polling places on election days, in churches or other religious sanctuaries,or in hospitals or medical facilities. (S.C. Code Ann.§ 23-31-215.)
June 18, 201511 yr Author To be clear, when I posted the "No signs needed for a church. Unless you have permission, or LEO, you cannot bring guns into a church." I was answering the question below: Before the anti gun people go on a roll was there a sign that said no guns? So no, it's not "bunk", as the question was about a sign at this church, which is in SC, nowhere did JA or myself say anything about KY. :thumb:
June 18, 201511 yr No, it is completely accurate in regards to South Carolina where this happened.Makes sense then. Because I am certain that doesn't exist here in KY.
June 18, 201511 yr Makes sense then. Because I am certain that doesn't exist here in KY. That's correct. In Kentucky it is only prohibited in police stations and sheriff Offices, detention facilities, court houses, government meetings, bars, schools, day care centers, sections of airports and places that are posted. Nothing about churches in there.
June 18, 201511 yr Author I wonder now if there will be an outcry for a change to that regulation? I don't know. Being a House of God, that is a sticky situation. But like you, I pretty much carry anywhere and everywhere, as I see the "No weapons allowed" sign as an invitation for the "bad guy" to come in as there should be no resistance or anyone firing back at them. Also, many people are confused about carrying into banks and hospitals in KY. And as I am sure that you know, a sign in a place not prohibited by law does not carry the weight of the law. And for those who do not carry, in KY you can walk into any place that is not prohibited by law to carry that has a sign. If told by LEO to leave and you don't, there is no firearm charge, it's just a trespassing charge.
June 18, 201511 yr Kid is barely 21. What in the world happened to him to make him have such a jaded view of the world already?! This is beyond sad. And that stuff Clyde posted about supporting apartheid? What the devil does he know about apartheid? Mandela was elected president there literally days after he was born. How does this happen? Obviously he's deranged and a great candidate for prosecution under terrorism laws, but... good heavens.
June 18, 201511 yr Author He has been arrested per reports. Arrested in NC. I'm surprised, I figured that he would go out in a gun fight.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.