Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting in Charleston, SC

Featured Replies

The Confederate flag flies high over South Carolina's capitol tonight. The U.S. and state flags have been lowered to half staff in response to the Charleston massacre, but not the Stars and Bars. The Washington Post reports only the S.C. state legislature can lower the colors of secession and, well, lawmakers obviously ain't in any hurry.

  • Replies 322
  • Views 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Confederate flag flies high over South Carolina's capitol tonight. The U.S. and state flags have been lowered to half staff in response to the Charleston massacre, but not the Stars and Bars. The Washington Post reports only the S.C. state legislature can lower the colors of secession and, well, lawmakers obviously ain't in any hurry.

 

Do you think that might have something to do with the South Carolina legislature being adjourned on June 6th?

 

They had a 3 day special session that ended today for budget purposes but I'm not sure if they are allowed to introduce business like that in a special session.

Edited by AverageJoesGym

Do you think that might have something to do with the South Carolina legislature being adjourned on June 6th?

 

They had a 3 day special session that ended today for budget purposes but I'm not sure if they are allowed to introduce business like that in a special session.

Another news nugget:

 

"Thursday morning (today), several S.C. lawmakers reportedly removed another controversial flag they used to decorate their desks. They took down their Gadsden flags -- which portrays a coiled snake and a "Don't Tread On Me" slogan that some view as a pro-Confederacy symbol -- from their statehouse desks out of respect for Rev. State Sen. Clementa Pinckney, who was among the victims of the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church shooting."

 

What a touching gesture.

  • Author
Do you think that might have something to do with the South Carolina legislature being adjourned on June 6th?

 

They had a 3 day special session that ended today for budget purposes but I'm not sure if they are allowed to introduce business like that in a special session.

I'm sure it wasn't done intentionally, but someone has to use common sense.

I'm sure it wasn't done intentionally, but someone has to use common sense.

 

I'm not saying that this is the case but some procedures are pretty rigid when it comes to legislative sessions.

I'm not saying that this is the case but some procedures are pretty rigid when it comes to legislative sessions.

Let me get this right: The good-ol'-boy lawmakers willingly removed the Gadsden flags from their desks in Columbia today because said flag (which, I believe, symbolized the expansion of slavery) is a symbol of division. A truly moving gesture. Yet the Confederate flag (an even greater symbol of division) flies high tonight at the birthplace of the Civil War, unmoved by current tragedy, perhaps because of a technicality involving the scope of a special session.

 

Isn't this when state leaders should be leading?

Well the link has the video from Fox so I'm failing to see how it is inaccurate.

 

I didn't say it was inaccurate.

 

You often complain about Fox being biased and lacking in credibility. You then post an article from MediaMatters, a site which is biased and lacking credibility.

 

Irony at it's finest.

But it was a link to a clip from Fox And Friends, don't read the article, watch the Fox And Friends clip. So if one provides a link to a video of a Fox show, you dismiss it as not being credible? Fascinating!!

 

Did not say the clip wasn't credible. I said MediaMatters is not credible.

I didn't say it was inaccurate.

 

You often complain about Fox being biased and lacking in credibility. You then post an article from MediaMatters, a site which is biased and lacking credibility.

 

Irony at it's finest.

 

You said I lost all credibility by posting a link from media matters. That link contains the video from Fox News. It's pretty clear what you meant. Your statement is ridiculous. Your dislike for me knows no bounds does it? If I've ever posted about Fox News it is rare. I could care less what they or MSNBC pass off as news. I dislike both parties equally. I usually get my news from the BBC. As for media matters, I don't know a thing about it. As far as I know I've never been on their site. It was just one of several sites that had a link to the Fox News broadcast.

Not true. Rotting away in prison he will suffer more. Plus he is young and young looking, he will have a boyfriend within minutes of arriving, which after a while he may end up taking his own life.

 

Our prison system is a joke, simply not harsh enough. He'll likely become a protected member of some WSG in the system as a reward of his actions. Yeah, I'm sure he'll have some "HARD" times but he'll still eat 3 meals a day and get his rec time, which he deserves none of. JMO

Please provide a link to that. I've been watching Fox off and on most of the day and I've heard no one express that sentiment.

 

You might want to consider expanding your horizons. Even just a teeny, tiny bit.:thumb:

You said I lost all credibility by posting a link from media matters. That link contains the video from Fox News. It's pretty clear what you meant. Your statement is ridiculous. Your dislike for me knows no bounds does it? If I've ever posted about Fox News it is rare. I could care less what they or MSNBC pass off as news. I dislike both parties equally. I usually get my news from the BBC. As for media matters, I don't know a thing about it. As far as I know I've never been on their site. It was just one of several sites that had a link to the Fox News broadcast.

 

AJG, you need to get a grip. I do not dislike you, I don't know you. I may not agree with some of your posts, that is far from dislike. I like and dislike posts from many posters. That neither means I like or dislike them. I know some posters but don't know most.

 

I said nothing of you losing all credibility. Again, I think you need to get a grip.

  • Author
Our prison system is a joke, simply not harsh enough. He'll likely become a protected member of some WSG in the system as a reward of his actions. Yeah, I'm sure he'll have some "HARD" times but he'll still eat 3 meals a day and get his rec time, which he deserves none of. JMO

 

If he is not in solitary confinement. He will get raped the first day there. He is young, white, and at least descent looking, they will fight over this guy.

 

About 10 years ago, there was a kid, I think he was from around NKY, who was in prison for murder, maybe he murdered family members? But I think he was in LaGrange, he went in I think at 17, within a year he killed himself in prison, and he left a reason why, he said that he was raped almost every night.

  • Author

But, look at the photo, or video of the kid when they are taking him out of the building in cuffs. What am I looking at?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.