Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting in Charleston, SC

Featured Replies

  • Author
Like I said before, they probably worked with what they had, and you are complaining a lot about nothing.

 

He's lucky he got a vest at all. You want him to have a level 1? Police officers don't even wear those. My guess is it's soft armor and that would mean there are no plates. Based on your weird rant, it seems like you wanted them to not only find him a vest, you wanted them to find him one that will stop rifle round, and get it fitted for him before they left. :lol2: Think about how ridiculous this stuff sounds.

 

Are you serious...You wanted them to construct a blind?

 

I can't believe what I'm reading.

 

Maybe you've had some training in protection, maybe you stayed at a holiday inn express last night, I don't know. But it looks to me like you are complaining about some pretty silly stuff based on one picture that does not show everything, when the end result was that everything worked out just fine.

 

Maybe you are just a dispatcher or jailer (not that anything is wrong with that), or maybe you just like to hear your keyboard make noise and type out nonsense. I don't know.

 

I have done a lot more than just "some training". There is a huge difference with what one group does and what you do in protection and on a protection detail. It's not too difficult to do it properly with few people as I have stated.

 

Before you say my post is "weird" and "ridiculous", you should think first, but hey you rarely do that on here. And even anyone who has done any protection work will see that you are going off on a weird rant and being ridiculous. Are you seriously going to not have your shooting hand open? Think about that one for a second.

 

Just because the end result worked out does not make it correct. If you had any training in any type of protection from legitimate instructors you would know that. Ever have any training under members or former members of the shin bet and/or Mossad?

 

Just because you may be in law enforcement does not equate to you knowing about a protection detail. And BTW, this was the talk last night of many in the protection field, you know, guys who have worked overseas on details, and federal agents. Yes, you can see a lot in the photo I provided, plus there was also video. I guess there are different mind and skill sets.

 

Go talk to someone from the U.S. Marshal's who has worked an escort of a high profile suspect, or someone who has escorted a cop killer, then get back with me.

  • Replies 322
  • Views 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you really expect any different?

 

no.

Now we've got an NRA board member assigning blame to pastor for the Charleston massacre.

 

***************

 

A board member for the National Rifle Association blamed the gun-control position of South Carolina state Sen. Clementa Pinckney, a pastor who was killed in Wednesday night’s shooting at a historic black church in Charleston, for the deaths of his congregation.

 

"If had voted to allow gun owners to carry their own weapons, Charles Cotton wrote, “eight of his church members … might be alive.”

 

A spokesman for the NRA told POLITICO, “Individual board members do not speak for the NRA and and do not have the authority to speak for the NRA.”

 

Cotton, who according to his bio page has been a board member for 13 years, also moderates TexasCHLforum.com, described as “the focal point for Texas firearms information and discussions.” ...

 

Charleston shooting: NRA board member blames pastor for deaths in church - POLITICO

Maybe you are just a dispatcher or jailer (not that anything is wrong with that), or maybe you just like to hear your keyboard make noise and type out nonsense. I don't know.

 

I touched a nerve, apparently. :lol2:

What would me being a dispatcher or jailer have to do with anything? I'm going to guess this was an attempt at insulting me. I'm not "just" a dispatcher or jailer though. Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with being a dispatcher or a jailer.

 

 

I have done a lot more than just "some training". There is a huge difference with what one group does and what you do in protection and on a protection detail. It's not too difficult to do it properly with few people as I have stated.

 

Congrats on having more than "some training" in protection. Perhaps I shouldn't bother you anymore so you can go back to protecting the President or the Queen of England. The way you act on here, you must be protecting one or both...maybe at the same time.

 

You admitted earlier that you don't know me, yet you still make comments about what I do...think about that.

 

Before you say my post is "weird" and "ridiculous", you should think first, but hey you rarely do that on here. And even anyone who has done any protection work will see that you are going off on a weird rant and being ridiculous. Are you seriously going to not have your shooting hand open? Think about that one for a second.

 

Your rant was weird, at least to me. I thought what you were saying was ridiculous, for multiple reasons. #1 ...your audience. My guess (I could be wrong... I am a lot)...is no one here cares. If you want to complain about tactics and procedures...it's probably best to do so with people that give a hoot.

 

#2 ...you complain about some things without knowing the facts surrounding the situation. You don't know what they had available re: vests, etc.

 

Just because the end result worked out does not make it correct. If you had any training in any type of protection from legitimate instructors you would know that. Ever have any training under members or former members of the shin bet and/or Mossad?

Just because you may be in law enforcement does not equate to you knowing about a protection detail. And BTW, this was the talk last night of many in the protection field, you know, guys who have worked overseas on details, and federal agents. Yes, you can see a lot in the photo I provided, plus there was also video. I guess there are different mind and skill sets.

 

Go talk to someone from the U.S. Marshal's who has worked an escort of a high profile suspect, or someone who has escorted a cop killer, then get back with me.

 

 

Again, you don't know me. You have admitted that. Maybe I've had training. Maybe I work at Office Depot. Maybe I'm Jason Bourne.

 

Do people actually call it the "protection field"? :lol2:

:popcorn:

 

I say we settle this with a good old fashioned thumb war! :thumb:

Now we've got an NRA board member assigning blame to pastor for the Charleston massacre.

 

***************

 

A board member for the National Rifle Association blamed the gun-control position of South Carolina state Sen. Clementa Pinckney, a pastor who was killed in Wednesday night’s shooting at a historic black church in Charleston, for the deaths of his congregation.

 

"If had voted to allow gun owners to carry their own weapons, Charles Cotton wrote, “eight of his church members … might be alive.”

 

A spokesman for the NRA told POLITICO, “Individual board members do not speak for the NRA and and do not have the authority to speak for the NRA.”

 

Cotton, who according to his bio page has been a board member for 13 years, also moderates TexasCHLforum.com, described as “the focal point for Texas firearms information and discussions.” ...

 

Charleston shooting: NRA board member blames pastor for deaths in church - POLITICO

 

A very ignorant, as well as extremely inconsiderate statement...:stop:

:popcorn:

 

I say we settle this with a good old fashioned thumb war! :thumb:

 

He's had far too much training in the protection field for me. I don't think I'd stand a chance.

A very ignorant, as well as extremely inconsiderate statement...:stop:

 

That's just great.

Now we've got an NRA board member assigning blame to pastor for the Charleston massacre.

 

***************

 

A board member for the National Rifle Association blamed the gun-control position of South Carolina state Sen. Clementa Pinckney, a pastor who was killed in Wednesday night’s shooting at a historic black church in Charleston, for the deaths of his congregation.

 

"If had voted to allow gun owners to carry their own weapons, Charles Cotton wrote, “eight of his church members … might be alive.”

 

A spokesman for the NRA told POLITICO, “Individual board members do not speak for the NRA and and do not have the authority to speak for the NRA.”

 

Cotton, who according to his bio page has been a board member for 13 years, also moderates TexasCHLforum.com, described as “the focal point for Texas firearms information and discussions.” ...

 

Charleston shooting: NRA board member blames pastor for deaths in church - POLITICO

 

Charles Cotton needs to go play frogger on I-75. That is a ridiculous comment and one of the reason that people like me view many in the NRA like a bunch of right wing nut bags.

Charles Cotton needs to go play frogger on I-75. That is a ridiculous comment and one of the reason that people like me view many in the NRA like a bunch of right wing nut bags.

 

Probably a poor choice of words. A guy did go try to play frogger on I-75 this morning in West Chester. He didn't make it to the other side.

Some of the photos are gut wrenching. So sad.

 

Glad he was caught quickly. Now let's hope the justice system does what it is supposed to.

Shooter is having his bond hearing. The bond is for the firearms charge. Judge does not have authority to set bond for the murder. Not sure why they go through the process.

 

By state law a representative of each family member who died is allowed to speak. Shooter is getting a lot of preaching coming his way. One gentlemen asked him to repent. Another said she forgave him. Another said hate can't win. We have to forgive. May God bless you.

Shooter is having his bond hearing. The bond is for the firearms charge. Judge does not have authority to set bond for the murder. Not sure why they go through the process.

 

By state law a representative of each family member who died is allowed to speak. Shooter is getting a lot of preaching coming his way. One gentlemen asked him to repent. Another said she forgave him. Another said hate can't win. We have to forgive. May God bless you.

 

I couldn't talk to him if he killed my family. I'm not sure that I would even want to be in the same room. They are stronger than me.

I couldn't talk to him if he killed my family. I'm not sure that I would even want to be in the same room. They are stronger than me.

 

Fortunately, most of us can only speculate as to how we would react. I truly have no idea.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.