Newport's Head Coach position is now open

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting if Kyle Niederman is in play since he is now working in that school district as Middle School Principal. Very well may be that he isn't able to with that position, but few love being on the field with the young men more than Kyle does.

Interesting possibility, I hadn't even thought about Kyle being at Newport. I highly doubt that his position would allow him to take the football job though, or if administrators are even allowed to coach in Newport.

He's a proven coach with a great deal of knowledge and passion for the game. Hard to believe in never worked out for him to get a head coaching job in Boone County.

With the timing of all this though, if ever there was a chance for this kind of double duty I would think it is this situation.

Tough to take on a job this late in the year. Good luck to Newport. They had a great year last year. Hopefully they still have some talent left that will play and continue their success

Will be interesting if Kyle Niederman is in play since he is now working in that school district as Middle School Principal. Very well may be that he isn't able to with that position, but few love being on the field with the young men more than Kyle does.

I would have to disagree with you on that on in few loved football more than him he would still be coaching.

I would have to disagree with you on that on in few loved football more than him he would still be coaching.

Not necessarily...sometimes a person has other reasons for not coaching. For example, you can love your family more and make decisions based on what is best for them, it doesn't mean you love coaching or value your time with the kids on the field any less than any other coach.

Can Newport decide to keep the coach now that his ruling is over and he only got community service?

I heard the coach and his wife the other day on the radio in an interview.

I’m inclined to give a guy another chance if this was not a recurring thing with him. I heard that the kids all love him. He claims what better way to teach kids about what can happen when they make bad choices, even him. However, the kids also need to know when you make bad choices there are tough consequences in life.

The situation may be a great teaching moment and maybe he in fact could be used as an example, I don’t know. And even if the school system wanted to give the guy a second chance their hands may be tied because of rules and regulations set forth by that school board.

Like I said, I’m kind of inclined to give a guy a second chance but that little voice in the back of my head keeps saying, “Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice….”

I heard the coach and his wife the other day on the radio in an interview.

I’m inclined to give a guy another chance if this was not a recurring thing with him. I heard that the kids all love him. He claims what better way to teach kids about what can happen when they make bad choices, even him. However, the kids also need to know when you make bad choices there are tough consequences in life.

The situation may be a great teaching moment and maybe he in fact could be used as an example, I don’t know. And even if the school system wanted to give the guy a second chance their hands may be tied because of rules and regulations set forth by that school board.

Like I said, I’m kind of inclined to give a guy a second chance but that little voice in the back of my head keeps saying, “Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice….”

Can you imagine what the outcry would be if he were allowed to stay in the position and got into some kind of trouble again?? I'm all for second chances. My thought though would be to keep him around in some sort of position for the next year as a probation, let a current coach run the team this year with the existing staff, and if there are no other issues, give him the job back next year.

Can you imagine what the outcry would be if he were allowed to stay in the position and got into some kind of trouble again?? I'm all for second chances. My thought though would be to keep him around in some sort of position for the next year as a probation, let a current coach run the team this year with the existing staff, and if there are no other issues, give him the job back next year.

Oh, I agree. And I seriously doubt unless Newport keeps him on in some capacity, he will never get another teaching/coaching job anywhere else.