Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport's Head Coach position is now open

Featured Replies

Oh, I agree. And I seriously doubt unless Newport keeps him on in some capacity, he will never get another teaching/coaching job anywhere else.

 

I would agree. Too much risk, especially with the reputation that district has. Might not be what's best for their program, but that's probably secondary at this point.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't they looking for a new principal as well? With him also being the HC/AD & looking for a new principal, I'm guessing this will be a hire solely on the the Super?

I would agree. Too much risk, especially with the reputation that district has. Might not be what's best for their program, but that's probably secondary at this point.

 

From what I've heard in the admin circles across the state, Newport was once one of the KDE's "Target schools" & there has been drastic change for the better over the years.

From what I've heard in the admin circles across the state, Newport was once one of the KDE's "Target schools" & there has been drastic change for the better over the years.

 

It was, and it wasn't all that long ago, maybe 2 years?? Still very fresh in many minds.

From what I've heard in the admin circles across the state, Newport was once one of the KDE's "Target schools" & there has been drastic change for the better over the years.

 

It was and the BOE hired the guy from Mason Co who magically made money disappear to be their super, makes sense right.

It was, and it wasn't all that long ago, maybe 2 years?? Still very fresh in many minds.

 

Sounds about right. I figured it was within the last 5. Whatever has happened has found its way to districts 2-3 hour drives from there.

Oh, I agree. And I seriously doubt unless Newport keeps him on in some capacity, he will never get another teaching/coaching job anywhere else.

 

He'll be given a 2nd chance elsewhere. I hope he does anyway. Sad to hear what happened, and not making excuses by any means, but I can't fathom to think the issues I would be going through if I had a parent commit suicide; especially how I would be within the year after it happening.

 

With that said, you and many others would be shocked at the teachers/admins/ currently employed at district(s) in our state who not only have these charges, but multiple offenders and are employed by that same district (In no way defending them still being employed).

Edited by Harry Doyle

Not coaches of course, they aren't still employed. The "less important" job, you're fired having a bad year or two, let alone a DUI. Holler at ya.

 

But, the "Most important" job (s)? You're good. :sssh: @PurplePride92

Newport named Tim Mosley as their new athletic director.

Newport named Tim Mosley as their new athletic director.

 

Good choice.

Newport named Tim Mosley as their new athletic director.

 

Great hire! He will do a great job!

Newport named Tim Mosley as their new athletic director.

 

 

What about the head coaching job?

What about the head coaching job?

 

I would assume they need to hire a principal first before a football coach.

I would assume they need to hire a principal first before a football coach.

 

They hired an AD with out a principal. :idunno:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.