Boone County 3 Beechwood 1

I think that it would be great if the High School tourney could be best of three, but I doubt that ever happens. Two good teams matched up their best pitchers and went at it. Better team won.

Feiger is definitely one of the top bw pitchers, but anyone who saw Combs pitch against Covcath last week would probably disagree with you on this one.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to relax. I didn't announce Boone as the better team and I'm certainly not being arrogant or inflammatory. It was simply two good teams playing their tails off just like the other 3 games yesterday. You are correct, Purnell won't be pitching tonight (at least you got something correct) but that's ok, Boone will go with the next man up just like they have all season. One team will win and one will lose, that's just baseball.

That's only partially true, NCAA baseball has a series to determine "the better team" as well as most other sports at many levels, whether they are televised or not. Announcing your team as the better team after one very close game is inflammatory at best and/or just plain arrogant. I'm not trying to say bw is the better team...the only thing I definitely saw was that Purnell pitched a heck of a game. Congrats to Boone on the win, too bad he won't be able to pitch against Highlands tonight.

I am not being arrogant or inflammatory. I am just giving Boone respect after a hard fought win. The same thing Beechwood people would have been doing if they would have won. All the talk before the tourney from most on here was about how Beechwood would match up with Highlands. Both teams were very good but I believe Boone was a little better and I think they just proved it.

You need to relax. I didn't announce Boone as the better team and I'm certainly not being arrogant or inflammatory. It was simply two good teams playing their tails off just like the other 3 games yesterday. You are correct, Purnell won't be pitching tonight (at least you got something correct) but that's ok, Boone will go with the next man up just like they have all season. One team will win and one will lose, that's just baseball.

Sorry rebelsfan, I know you didn't announce boone county as the better team, that comment was about JBS5's earlier comment. Looked like you were agreeing with him. You are exactly right, that's baseball for sure. It was a very nice win for the rebels yesterday.

Boone County Rebels

[table=width: 500, class: grid]

[tr]

[td]Player[/td]

[td]AB[/td]

[td]R[/td]

[td]H[/td]

[td]2B[/td]

[td]3B[/td]

[td]HR[/td]

[td]RBI[/td]

[td]BB[/td]

[td]K[/td]

[td]SB[/td]

[td]CS[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Works[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Floyd[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Purnell[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Roedersheimer[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]CR - #41[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Hibbard[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Stanley[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Faehr[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Dahms[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Teegarden[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Totals[/td]

[td]28[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]8[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]6[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

[tr]

[td]Pitcher[/td]

[td]IP[/td]

[td]H[/td]

[td]R[/td]

[td]ER[/td]

[td]BB[/td]

[td]K[/td]

[td]Pitches[/td]

[td]Strikes[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Purnell[/td]

[td]7.0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]5[/td]

[td]87[/td]

[td]55[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Totals[/td]

[td]7.0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]5[/td]

[td]87[/td]

[td]55[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Beechwood Tigers

[tr]

[td]Player[/td]

[td]AB[/td]

[td]R[/td]

[td]H[/td]

[td]2B[/td]

[td]3B[/td]

[td]HR[/td]

[td]RBI[/td]

[td]BB[/td]

[td]K[/td]

[td]SB[/td]

[td]CS[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Slusher[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Stringer[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Combs[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Rowe[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Hamilton[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Schmidt[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Bankamper[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Nussbaum[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Smith[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]#40[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Totals[/td]

[td]21[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]5[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

[tr]

[td]Pitcher[/td]

[td]IP[/td]

[td]H[/td]

[td]R[/td]

[td]ER[/td]

[td]BB[/td]

[td]K[/td]

[td]Pitches[/td]

[td]Strikes[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Fieger[/td]

[td]5.2[/td]

[td]8[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]76[/td]

[td]56[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Nussbaum[/td]

[td]1.1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[td]18[/td]

[td]9[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Totals[/td]

[td]7.0[/td]

[td]8[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]6[/td]

[td]94[/td]

[td]65[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

I apologize for not having all player's names or if any names were spelled incorrectly.

Purnell was a tough matchup for any team. Unfortunately after him Boone become very beatable, look for HHS to beat them handily. That's the danger of regionals, seems every team has one good starter at least. Highlands was not only the best team all along, but drew the one team in the whole tourney that did not have a pitcher capable of beating them. Now they get to play Boone with no Purnell, and then either Ryle or NCC down to their 3. Now is when the depth of that staff will take over. Had they drawn Boone round 1 they could be done, and BW would have advanced.

Agree on the Tigers. I've watched them a couple times, something is missing. You have one coach who consistently degrades kids out loud so the entire stands can hear him, and another who does nothing but try to play comedian. Seems some leadership from the top is lacking to me, there was no passion on that team. Two or three players does not make s team.

I am not being arrogant or inflammatory. I am just giving Boone respect after a hard fought win. The same thing Beechwood people would have been doing if they would have won. All the talk before the tourney from most on here was about how Beechwood would match up with Highlands. Both teams were very good but I believe Boone was a little better and I think they just proved it.

They were absolutely better yesterday for sure. That's a lot different than saying they are the better team. I'm just saying it would take more than one win for me to decide bw is a better team than anyone. Even after beating covcath twice this year I wouldn't say we're a better team. We were just better on those two days. I'm sure it feels good to have your team win if they weren't getting the respect they deserve. Hopefully now they will. Good luck tonight.

It is high school sports people....Beechwood has a fine coach and staff as does Boone County.

Only part for me that I think is funny is in the off season it will rev up again about super duper Midland ball and how great those guys are. Maybe the best Beechwood players always play their best against better select ball competition. Having said that I really like the Combs kid as a player.

If you look at what Beechwood actually did this year as far as quality wins it can't be a surprise that they lost to a really good pitcher. Nice team for sure with a couple of really nice players but not a great team.

Yep, I agree with you, but I think they definitely have a lot of young talent. 7 of their 9 regular starters are juniors and the jv and frosh teams had great seasons this year.

but anyone who saw Combs pitch against Covcath last week would probably disagree with you on this one.

That is who I thought would pitch for BW yesterday.

But, Purnell wasn't going to give up many hits to any team yesterday. Beechwood just didn't do so great the top of the first giving up 2 runs and 4 hits.

It is high school sports people....Beechwood has a fine coach and staff as does Boone County.

Only part for me that I think is funny is in the off season it will rev up again about super duper Midland ball and how great those guys are. Maybe the best Beechwood players always play their best against better select ball competition. Having said that I really like the Combs kid as a player.

Super duper midland ball? Not sure what to make of this? Are you an upset parent because midland passed on your kid or jealous of the success this organization puts out year after year? Midland has done nothing but help kids get to the next levels for the decades! Why bad mouth someone trying to help our youth become better? Rant over. Congrats to Boone Co on there regional win and good luck vs the birds.

Ummmm......you do realize that Purnell is a Midland player too? As is Ziegelmeier. And Raisor. 3 Midland kids with Ws yesterday out of 4 games. That's not bad. And I'm not sure it's people on this board telling you how great they are. Look at PBR, they agree. So does PG. Oh yea, and colleges.

Ummmm......you do realize that Purnell is a Midland player too? As is Ziegelmeier. And Raisor. 3 Midland kids with Ws yesterday out of 4 games. That's not bad. And I'm not sure it's people on this board telling you how great they are. Look at PBR, they agree. So does PG. Oh yea, and colleges.

I like what Midland does for their kids... Also have to say that Bluegrass, Colonels and At the Yard have done a nice job helping talented ball players around this region.

Super duper midland ball? Not sure what to make of this? Are you an upset parent because midland passed on your kid or jealous of the success this organization puts out year after year? Midland has done nothing but help kids get to the next levels for the decades! Why bad mouth someone trying to help our youth become better? Rant over. Congrats to Boone Co on there regional win and good luck vs the birds.

Who doesn't help our youth become better? Always a silly argument.