Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ductigrem

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ductigrem

  1. Wonder if lefty surgeons get as much attention as lefty pitchers!
  2. I agree here mostly, but another situation where you can hold your ace is when you have several strong pitchers. You still have your ace of course, or even two 'aces' right. But then your 3, 4 and even 5 are very strong. Coaches dream right?
  3. I saw in the enquirer Mullins said he's really set with arms, Fieger only threw 25 pitches. Beechwood has Bankemper, Stringer, Slusher, Jackman and Huseman threw 74 pitches on Monday, so I think he could throw an inning if it came to that. Highland coach said Doty and Raisor are ready to go.
  4. NCC knocked St. Henry out of the all 'A'. Beechwood dimed St. Henry during the season with Wilder (jv) pitching a couple of innings and Huseman finishing them off.
  5. Mann pitched fine after the first inning. Imo St. Henry played a heck of a game. Hit the ball very well, pitcher was great and solid defense especially by the shortstop. Well earned win!!
  6. Have to say though, the second baseman made a very nice double play.
  7. I could agree with you on that. In general, I thought the pitching was great, defense for CC was shaky and Beechwood's bats were flat.
  8. Don't remember exact details, but Mayer came in for pitzer. Beechwood still didn't hit all that well. In my opinion most of the 6 runs were unearned. I think BW had about 3 solid hits. CC had a few hits with a triple off the fence in left field which resulted in their one run. Combs pitched the whole game. I'm hoping BW bats wake up to get out of the region.
  9. Imo, Combs was most impressive at the plate. He hit a laser to right field that seemed like it was still climbing when it hit the fence.
  10. Beechwood wouldn't be able to play tonight because of senior award night.
  11. Hey cord, should we tell them?
  12. Kyle Fieger has generated a lot of interest from several schools with a solid offer from Georgetown for baseball.
  13. Exactly what I was talking about cord of wood. Threads like this one are the reason most people I talk to stay off bgp now. Obnoxious.
  14. Oldercoach, I think you may be unique in your genuine interest in local high school teams. I'm not positive but I think you aren't hearing much about Beechwood, because most of us parents/fans have stayed away from bgp. Just tired of the people constantly fishing for recognition of their own kids. This post is a perfect example. Many parents will peruse through and be disappointed that no one has mentioned their son. What's the point really, naming kids who standout? Does that mean kids who haven't been talked about aren't as good. Just my opinion.
  15. Agree with you. Noonan's statement was extreme. Green up is a very strong team, but you are right, BW not only had the all A this week, they were in Louisville last weekend and played three games in really bad weather. Combs and Fieger weren't available to throw against Greenup County. Bankemper pitched 5 innings and Huseman closed. IMO Greenup County is definitely a very strong team, but not unbeatable. Their pitcher was really good, but BW had a few hits. There were some errors and Beechwood has definitely looked better this year. I think on a good day, BW has a shot at beating them and might just get a chance next weekend.
  16. Does anyone know when the all a is this year?
  17. Makes sense, I stand corrected on their footwork thing. All speculation about bankemper anyway. A lot can happen between now and next spring....

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.