2016 class best in ??? Years?

This was mentioned in one of the commit threads, thought it would make a good topic. I'm certainly not qualified, I've only been here going on 2 years but I do watch a lot of HS sports. Curious as to the thoughts of those that have been around a while? If I miss someone I am sorry, but this far:

Combs UK

Stringer Louisville

Sloan ABU

Ziggy Morehead

Purnell Morehead

Friend FGCU

Raisor JLC

That's 5 D1 kids, a D2 and a very high JUCO. Slusher at BW holds an offer from Miami but looks like football may win out, and I'm thinking Fieger ends up pitching somewhere. Any others? Any others with offers? Oh, and that's all in the 9th region. Memorial Day at The Freedom is a must ticket.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have included Heppler from CCH in this list but his injury in June shut him down for the summer. Some of the MAC schools that were interested are now talking "walk on" until they see how his shoulder is.

Fortunately, he will return for both basketball and baseball for his senior year.

Strong class.

I've been following NKY for 15 plus years and this is one of the stronger classes I've seen... Ive seen a lot of great players year in and year out... Maile for example, but there is a high number of high-talent kids in 2016...

You have the 5 D I's you mentioned and also both Slone and Raisor had D I options, but chose wisely (IMO) for themselves to go D II and JUCO.

Clyde maybe you know... What are Heppler's current offers?

Also, I've heard rumors of Seiter from Bellevue going to Berea...

I've not heard anything on Smallwood from Dixie or Hayes from Bellevue... But I think they're next level players... As well as Dawson Hogan from CC.. Anyone got news on those kids?

This was mentioned in one of the commit threads, thought it would make a good topic. I'm certainly not qualified, I've only been here going on 2 years but I do watch a lot of HS sports. Curious as to the thoughts of those that have been around a while? If I miss someone I am sorry, but this far:

Combs UK

Stringer Louisville

Sloan ABU

Ziggy Morehead

Purnell Morehead

Friend FGCU

Raisor JLC

That's 5 D1 kids, a D2 and a very high JUCO. Slusher at BW holds an offer from Miami but looks like football may win out, and I'm thinking Fieger ends up pitching somewhere. Any others? Any others with offers? Oh, and that's all in the 9th region. Memorial Day at The Freedom is a must ticket.[/QUOT

I'm taking 2014 class. They were loaded with just as many commits if not more.

Schiever UL

Sucanek- XU

Hart- Transy

Ganns- NKU

Dunn- EKU

Ross- UC

Caple- UC

Spata- Cumberland

WIlliams- Transy

Pope- Inidana southeast

I feel like I may be leaving a few more out.

Edited by truthbtold

Combs UK

Stringer Louisville

Sloan ABU

Ziggy Morehead

Purnell Morehead

Friend FGCU

Raisor JLC

That's 5 D1 kids, a D2 and a very high JUCO. Slusher at BW holds an offer from Miami but looks like football may win out, and I'm thinking Fieger ends up pitching somewhere. Any others? Any others with offers? Oh, and that's all in the 9th region. Memorial Day at The Freedom is a must ticket.[/QUOT

I'm taking 2014 class. They were loaded with just as many commits if not more.

Schiever UL

Sucanek- XU

Hart- Transy

Ganns- NKU

Dunn- EKU

Ross- UC

Caple- UC

Spata- Cumberland

WIlliams- Transy

Pope- Inidana southeast

I feel like I may be leaving a few more out.

Rodgers- Transy

King- UC Clearmont

Marcum-_UC Clearmont

Coldrey-UC Clearmont

I like 2014 a lot, but there will be more 2016 commits before it's all said and done... Plus Caple left UC before they got started... So, as good as he was, I can't include him..

You could also add Thornsburg-Pikeville to your list, but he also left school before the baseball season started.

Edited by footmaster

I think you may be jumping the gun a little bit. This is just the early signing period. I expect Transy, UC Clermont and other D3/NAIA schools to sign more 2016s as their senior season progresses.

Also Geoffrey Thornburg from Ludlow was a 2014 who committed to Pikeville.

I think you may be jumping the gun a little bit. This is just the early signing period. I expect Transy, UC Clermont and other D3/NAIA schools to sign more 2016s as their senior season progresses.

Agreed.. I expect at least 8 to 10 more NKY kids to commit to D3 and NAIA schools down the road.