2016 class best in ??? Years?

Just

Don't know how I forgot to put Slusher on my Beechwood list, but I did. I would also add Seay from Scott. I know there is a couple from Ryle and Borman from Conner. I really think NKY will see a lot of players going to all divisions of baseball from the class of 2016 and prove to be the strongest we have seen in this area and go on to do big things. What other kids could be added to the watch list?

If you're going to mention a player from Scott, you have to mention Andrew Trame. 2nd team all state last year.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when we evaluate we should evaluate based on the top. If a kid is solid and wants to play college baseball he's going to play at some school at some level. The top level is where we truly get the strength of a class.

1992 is going to be tough to beat.

Agree... And it'll be several years before we know any of that about 2016 or even '13 and 14 for that matter.

That said, I do know that there were at least 4 or 5 NKY kids in 2016 ranked in PBR's top 25 and

add several more in the top 50, top 100...

I realize there was no PBR in '92.. But still, that's pretty strong for the 16's...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, so we have these kids signed from the 2016 class:

Combs UK

Stringer Louisville

Slone ABU

Ziggy Morehead

Purnell Morehead

Friend FGCU

Raisor JLC

And according to Twitter... Slusher has committed to play football at Morehead... So, he's off the board.

Anyone have any news on other kids in NKY that may play college baseball?

Smallwood from Dixie?

Heppler from CCH?

Seiter from Bellevue?

Hayes from Bellevue?

Trame from Scott?

Kreeger from Highlands?

Any other kids I haven't thought of?

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, so we have these kids signed from the 2016 class:

Combs UK

Stringer Louisville

Slone ABU

Ziggy Morehead

Purnell Morehead

Friend FGCU

Raisor JLC

And according to Twitter... Slusher has committed to play football at Morehead... So, he's off the board.

Anyone have any news on other kids in NKY that may play college baseball?

Smallwood from Dixie?

Heppler from CCH?

Seiter from Bellevue?

Hayes from Bellevue?

Trame from Scott?

Kreeger from Highlands?

Any other kids I haven't thought of?

According to PBR via Twitter... We can add Hunter Turner from Cooper to the list of 2016's out of NKY that will play at the next level...

Hunter has committed to play baseball at Earlham... D3 school in Indiana... Congrats!

According to PBR via Twitter... We can add Hunter Turner from Cooper to the list of 2016's out of NKY that will play at the next level...

Hunter has committed to play baseball at Earlham... D3 school in Indiana... Congrats!

Congrats to him.

That school can be a culture shock to some.

I can tell you first hand Hunter Turner is excited about Earlham. Seems like a nice coach, beautiful campus, and nice facilities, and a pretty good ball field, the dressing room is top notch, the media room/lounge leather seats with EC logos, and a heated dugout for those spring games is an advantage.

Smallwood I know has Earlham and Thomas Moore interested in him, he's been accepted to both schools.

Kreeger I heard has St. Catherine interested in him from the last summer ball meeting we saw him at.

Trame I think had some interest from Trevecca in Nashville, not sure where that stands, when I see his dad Jeff have to ask him.

Langguth I've heard has interest from Thomas Moore and Asbury and there was another school can't think of it's name, and Earlham as well.

A kid from Covcath Robert and can't think of his last name he's a 6' 5" pitcher has a couple of small schools interested in him as well I think one was pikeville.

I can tell you first hand Hunter Turner is excited about Earlham. Seems like a nice coach, beautiful campus, and nice facilities, and a pretty good ball field, the dressing room is top notch, the media room/lounge leather seats with EC logos, and a heated dugout for those spring games is an advantage.

Smallwood I know has Earlham and Thomas Moore interested in him, he's been accepted to both schools.

Kreeger I heard has St. Catherine interested in him from the last summer ball meeting we saw him at.

Trame I think had some interest from Trevecca in Nashville, not sure where that stands, when I see his dad Jeff have to ask him.

Langguth I've heard has interest from Thomas Moore and Asbury and there was another school can't think of it's name, and Earlham as well.

A kid from Covcath Robert and can't think of his last name he's a 6' 5" pitcher has a couple of small schools interested in him as well I think one was pikeville.

Thanks for these updates.. I knew it was just a matter of time before more of these 2016's would start getting more interest and/or committing...

I've also heard that Seiter and Hayes from Bellevue have gotten solid offers from several schools.. NAIA and D3 schools if I recall correctly...

Indeed... and they have maybe the nicest baseball field I've ever seen at the D3 level, just a beautiful facility.

I had to look this up. I thought they still played at the old Richmond Roosters/RiverRats MacBride Stadium. New (2013) on campus field looks nice.

Edited by OlDog75

Etler - UK - 3rd Round Reds

Berger - Louisville & on to White Sox

Lantz - Southern Illinois

Soward - Miami OH

Brandon - UC - 6th Round Royals

Black - JUCO & then UK & NY Mets

Johnson - Pirates draft pick

Hacker - Morehead State

Proccacino - William Carey

Collins - Bellarmine

Maley - NKU

Bertsch - NKU

Greene - Indiana

How many classes have had two preps selected in top 10 rounds of MLB draft? My guess is not many.

I believe a couple pitchers with Campbell Co also pitched at NKU - Haggard and Neace?

I'm going with 92' class as well. I played with many of these guys during the summer. Some unbelieveable talent in this class!!

You are right on about everyone but Black. You had him a little off..

Black- UK, Pensacola Jr College, (signed with Alabama) but opted to sign with NYM.