Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 3 Beechwood 1

Featured Replies

  • Replies 34
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Purnell is locked in, he is as good as anybody in the Region. I'm very impressed with him on the bump.

Congrats Boone! Beechwood with all the expectations the last 3 years and still an early regional exit.

Wow, nice effort by Boone. Another regional tourney first round exit for Beechwood.

 

Congrats Boone! Beechwood with all the expectations the last 3 years and still an early regional exit.

 

A couple quick questions. Who pitched for the Tigers? And, Beechwood has been highly regarded the past several years, what have their regional results been?

From what the thread said, Fieger was pitching and believe he may be their number 1. Beechwood has been eliminated in round 1 each of the last 2 years.

  • Author
From what the thread said, Fieger was pitching and believe he may be their number 1. Beechwood has been eliminated in round 1 each of the last 2 years.

Yes it was Fieger. I thought Combs was their #1 ?

I'd be curious to see how many fly ball outs Purnell induced. Seemed like a lot.

 

Only hard hit balls I saw were off the bat of Combs. One ended up being a DP line drive and the other was the hit the broke up the no-hitter. Strong kid.

 

Purnell was really good. Heck, Fieger had a really nice outing. First inning doomed BW.

I know Beechwood has a couple of nice players but maybe people should adjust their expectations.

I heard a lot of people discounting Boone but I said a few weeks ago that the 33rd District will show up in the Regional. Boone, Ryle, Conner, and Cooper play tough schedules and every event in the 33rd is a dog fight. Congrats to The Rebels. The better team won.

I heard a lot of people discounting Boone but I said a few weeks ago that the 33rd District will show up in the Regional. Boone, Ryle, Conner, and Cooper play tough schedules and every event in the 33rd is a dog fight. Congrats to The Rebels. The better team won.

 

Hmmmm.....wonder why the mlb plays games in series of three and seven to determine the "better team"?

MLB does it to sell tickets and make millions on TV dollars. The region is setup as a 3 game series. The team that wins 3 in row wins the region. Congrats to Boone, Highlands, Ryle & NCC on first round wins. All 4 teams played great. Should be fun tonight. Good luck to all!

Hmmmm.....wonder why the mlb plays games in series of three and seven to determine the "better team"?

 

I think that it would be great if the High School tourney could be best of three, but I doubt that ever happens. Two good teams matched up their best pitchers and went at it. Better team won.

MLB does it to sell tickets and make millions on TV dollars. The region is setup as a 3 game series. The team that wins 3 in row wins the region. Congrats to Boone, Highlands, Ryle & NCC on first round wins. All 4 teams played great. Should be fun tonight. Good luck to all!

 

That's only partially true, NCAA baseball has a series to determine "the better team" as well as most other sports at many levels, whether they are televised or not. Announcing your team as the better team after one very close game is inflammatory at best and/or just plain arrogant. I'm not trying to say bw is the better team...the only thing I definitely saw was that Purnell pitched a heck of a game. Congrats to Boone on the win, too bad he won't be able to pitch against Highlands tonight.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.