Boone County 3 Beechwood 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, nice effort by Boone. Another regional tourney first round exit for Beechwood.

Congrats Boone! Beechwood with all the expectations the last 3 years and still an early regional exit.

A couple quick questions. Who pitched for the Tigers? And, Beechwood has been highly regarded the past several years, what have their regional results been?

I'd be curious to see how many fly ball outs Purnell induced. Seemed like a lot.

Only hard hit balls I saw were off the bat of Combs. One ended up being a DP line drive and the other was the hit the broke up the no-hitter. Strong kid.

Purnell was really good. Heck, Fieger had a really nice outing. First inning doomed BW.

I heard a lot of people discounting Boone but I said a few weeks ago that the 33rd District will show up in the Regional. Boone, Ryle, Conner, and Cooper play tough schedules and every event in the 33rd is a dog fight. Congrats to The Rebels. The better team won.

I heard a lot of people discounting Boone but I said a few weeks ago that the 33rd District will show up in the Regional. Boone, Ryle, Conner, and Cooper play tough schedules and every event in the 33rd is a dog fight. Congrats to The Rebels. The better team won.

Hmmmm.....wonder why the mlb plays games in series of three and seven to determine the "better team"?

MLB does it to sell tickets and make millions on TV dollars. The region is setup as a 3 game series. The team that wins 3 in row wins the region. Congrats to Boone, Highlands, Ryle & NCC on first round wins. All 4 teams played great. Should be fun tonight. Good luck to all!

Hmmmm.....wonder why the mlb plays games in series of three and seven to determine the "better team"?

I think that it would be great if the High School tourney could be best of three, but I doubt that ever happens. Two good teams matched up their best pitchers and went at it. Better team won.

MLB does it to sell tickets and make millions on TV dollars. The region is setup as a 3 game series. The team that wins 3 in row wins the region. Congrats to Boone, Highlands, Ryle & NCC on first round wins. All 4 teams played great. Should be fun tonight. Good luck to all!

That's only partially true, NCAA baseball has a series to determine "the better team" as well as most other sports at many levels, whether they are televised or not. Announcing your team as the better team after one very close game is inflammatory at best and/or just plain arrogant. I'm not trying to say bw is the better team...the only thing I definitely saw was that Purnell pitched a heck of a game. Congrats to Boone on the win, too bad he won't be able to pitch against Highlands tonight.