Derek Anderson blasts Coach Cal

Orton would have done himself a whole lot of good coming back. Had he stayed one more year he would have been drafted higher because he would have beaten out Harrelson for the starting job. He wouldn't have burnt bridges at UK because he would have still been going to class. I can't help but believe that had he stayed at UK for one more year he'd be in a much much better position other than eating at Burger King with his pops.

#justsaying

Disagree. He blew his knee out. He does that at UK, how is he better off?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he wanted to criticize Cal I would have went after the 3 straight shot clock violations not the UCONN game.

To me, it's not at all unreasonable to criticize a coach for individual games or even a season. EVERY coach can be criticized in that manner.

But Anderson, while referencing the UCONN game, is talking about Cal's overall body of work. And that is stupid.

Disagree. He blew his knee out. He does that at UK, how is he better off?

He'd be better off simply because he'd actually have a network of support behind him now. He's pretty much blackballed by UK now for not going to class once he declared for the draft and cost UK a scholarship. Now that he isn't playing the game what happens if he never plays again? I know somewhere he won't get any love and that is in Lexington, KY. The support of BBN is phenomenal when you are loved by BBN. Dudes are taken care of for forever. He won't be. That alone is huge for a guy with no degree and is done playing basketball.

If he stays at UK who says he blows out his knee? Whole different set of circumstances takes place had he stayed.

If I was a first round pick or if my son was, I'd most likely encourage them to leave early if the opportunity was there.

Having said that, kids should do what they want to do.[/quote]

They do, and therein lies the problem.