Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 68 Wisconsin 63

Featured Replies

Duke's freshmen carried Duke. Put them on their back and carried them. UK's freshmen were good but most of the time they neither did that nor were asked to do that.

  • Replies 125
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The best freshman class in the country. Hard to say otherwise at this point...

 

I don't like admitting it, but I don't know how you can argue otherwise.

 

I will say their top three freshmen were the best trio in the country. Hard to toss Grayson Allen in there, only averaging four points on the season, but he sure stepped up tonight.

Basketball is ultimately a guard-driven game, and Duke's guards were superior. Congrats to Coach K and the Devils!

Okafor a slight edge over Towns

Winslow significantly better than Lyles

Jones better than Booker

Ulis better than Allen

 

I give the edge to Duke's freshmen.

 

I'd think if you were going to compare the four on both teams, you'd have to compare Jones vs. Ulis and Booker vs. Allen.

I can't stand Duke, but you have to give it to them... they have now won 2 national titles during the Calipari at UK era. I'd say there is absolutely no doubt what state the college basketball center of gravity resides in, and it ain't the Bluegrass.

  • Author

Grayson Allen looks a little like and definitely played like Jimmy Chitwood tonight!

Congrats to the Duke fans on this board. I can't imagine how awesome it is for you all. Hearing all the talk about UK all year but you all the ones who end up holding up the championship trophy. Congrats!

 

Ugh this sucks!

Now a 2 hour drive home. Gonna be much easier than if Duke lost.

I'd think if you were going to compare the four on both teams, you'd have to compare Jones vs. Ulis and Booker vs. Allen.

 

I take Jones over Ulis. I love Ulis but Jones puts the ball in the basket more than Ulis probably ever will.

I love Ulis, but I can't get behind that statement.

 

Great battle between the two on the EYBL circuit last summer but there's a reason Tyus was rated as the best point guard in the country. He'll now have a ring and MOP trophy to justify it as well.

I can't stand Duke, but you have to give it to them... they have now won 2 national titles during the Calipari at UK era. I'd say there is absolutely no doubt what state the college basketball center of gravity resides in, and it ain't the Bluegrass.

 

UConn also has 2 and have owned UK in the tourney.

Understand what everyone is saying, but UK has also been there at the end each time as well. Cal came in and had to build them basically from scratch given the disaster that was Gillispie. K and Calhoun were at their programs for quite some time. Will be interesting to see if Ollie is able to keep UConn up at the clip that Calhoun had when he left.

I want to say Congrats to the BGP Duke Fans on your team winning the National Championship. Your teams play in this one deserved the win.

Understand what everyone is saying, but UK has also been there at the end each time as well. Cal came in and had to build them basically from scratch given the disaster that was Gillispie. K and Calhoun were at their programs for quite some time. Will be interesting to see if Ollie is able to keep UConn up at the clip that Calhoun had when he left.

 

Cal "built UK from scratch" in like 6 weeks on the job. Stop...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.