April 7, 201511 yr Wiscy had 2 fouls at the half....13 in 2nd half. Interesting.....Vegas knows..... With that I will say I was impressed with the play of Jones down the stretch. It takes a hot hand and great guard play to win championships. Period
April 7, 201511 yr Alright, let's get into this before I crash into my bed. Just to get it out of the way officiating was garbage, but it was garbage both ways. Seeing a game in person is so different than on TV, thats for sure. This couldnt have been a better game to attend, overall just a great experience. I'll work on trying to upload my pictures tomorrow so ya'll can check em out. Unreal how many Wisconsin fans were there. In the section I was in, of the 50 fans I would say about 40 of em were wearing red. The first half was chaos. Exactly what I was hoping for. Back and forth and going into half time tied. Second half started and Wisconsin couldnt miss a shot. This is where I started to get really nervous and no longer have finger nails. Then, realized at how many times this year Duke had been down in the second half and Tyus Jones does dirty things to bring Duke back. Down 9 I think it was and to watch them battle back was quite something else. Guard play was something else for the Dukies tonight. Okafor was a non factor most of the game as was Winslow. The shots that fell all year just weren't falling for em tonight which worried me quite a bit. Greyson Allen, that boy is something else. If you had to guess a freshmen would carry them and bring them back he would have been last on the list. Can't wait to see him and Kennard next year. I'll make some more side notes in the next post but I am one happy guy tonight and couldn't be more proud of my boys. We we're off everyone's radar all year thanks to the UK spotlight. In the end it makes no different to me because they are National Champs and I love it! I thought that there were supposed to be thousands of empty seats. :lol:
April 7, 201511 yr I haven't seen anyone mention this, so maybe it was just my imagination. I thought Wisconsin got the ball down on the block 2 or 3 times late in decent position but immediately kicked it back out again and dribbled some more. Kinda in their DNA to go inside out even if the situation didn't call for it.
April 7, 201511 yr Of course he was. Probably didn't hit any of those running layups where he shoots w his shoulder perpendicular to the rim either. WI had a magical night Saturday and a bad one one last night. Those things tend to balance themselves out.
April 7, 201511 yr I can't stand Duke, but you have to give it to them... they have now won 2 national titles during the Calipari at UK era. I'd say there is absolutely no doubt what state the college basketball center of gravity resides in, and it ain't the Bluegrass. Not exactly true. The Bluegrass includes Louisville which also has a title and another Final Four since 2010. State of NCAA has only two Final Fours and the two titles.
April 7, 201511 yr Officials were bad in this game. I'm fact they were bad in all three of the Final Four games. I don't think changed the outcome of any of them. They were equally horrible on both sides of the ball. The teams that lost either failed to execute and/or got outplayed at crunch time.
April 7, 201511 yr When is the last time a team beat the teams they played in the Final Four where they also beat them in the regular season? Fantasy matchup between Duke/UK this year, I'll take my Dukies Please don't let that de-rail the thread it was a joke. Kentucky in 2012. :thumb:
April 7, 201511 yr I take Jones over Ulis. I love Ulis but Jones puts the ball in the basket more than Ulis probably ever will. I agree with you. I just think you have to compare Jones vs. Ulis because they play a similar position. Same with why you gotta compare Booker vs. Allen. Which I take Booker.
April 7, 201511 yr This was the first national title game I can remember where I didn't watch a second. Didn't know who had won until this morning. Wasn't anything against either team, just had no desire to see a title game this year that didn't have Kentucky in it. Congrats to PP92 and Grizzly and any other Duke fans on here. Hell of a season, and very happy for you guys! Enjoy it!
April 7, 201511 yr This was the first national title game I can remember where I didn't watch a second. Didn't know who had won until this morning. Wasn't anything against either team, just had no desire to see a title game this year that didn't have Kentucky in it. I really thought about doing the same. But I take off the first two days of the tournament to watch every game I can. I'd convinced myself that I'd be too big of a hypocrite if I didn't watch the Title Game. I just enjoy college bball too much overall and going to miss it til November. My favorite thing to follow.
April 7, 201511 yr I thought that there were supposed to be thousands of empty seats. :lol: We hashed this out in the update thread. Check it out.
April 7, 201511 yr My man Luke Kennard joins the darkness now. Yea, I wanted to like him but he makes it hard. I hope he has a great career full of first round knock outs in the NCAA
April 7, 201511 yr I can't stand Duke, but you have to give it to them... they have now won 2 national titles during the Calipari at UK era. I'd say there is absolutely no doubt what state the college basketball center of gravity resides in, and it ain't the Bluegrass. Bluegrass state has 5 final four appearances in the last 5 years along with 2 National championships. I think KY represents the tourney better than NC.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.