April 7, 201511 yr Bluegrass state has 5 final four appearances in the last 5 years along with 2 National championships. I think KY represents the tourney better than NC. 6 Final Fours. UK X 4, UL X 2. And last year UL could have made it again, but they were beat by... UK. Kentucky has Murray State so it wins.
April 7, 201511 yr 6 Final Fours. UK X 4, UL X 2. And last year UL could have made it again, but they were beat by... UK. Kentucky has Murray State so it wins. Forgot about Murray state...good call.
April 7, 201511 yr Forgot about Murray state...good call. Mine was in jest. They have solid mid-majors as well. Davidson made it to the Elite 8, but that was in '08 I believe.
April 7, 201511 yr My man Luke Kennard joins the darkness now. He will need to drastically improve his defense.
April 7, 201511 yr Bluegrass state has 5 final four appearances in the last 5 years along with 2 National championships. I think KY represents the tourney better than NC. It is the championships that matter, since that is why the NCAA does not stop once the Final Four teams are determined. From 2005 through 2015 Duke has won 2 NCAA titles, and UNC has won 2 NCAA titles, compared to UK's 1 title and UL's 1 title... that's twice as many titles won by NC schools than KY schools over that period of time. Also, is there any doubt what the nation's top basketball rivalry is? The reason I had referred to the UK-Calipari era in my original post is because I feel a belief has developed that UK has been the dominant program in men's basketball since Calipari arrived. And yet, Duke has won 2 national titles during Calipari's time at UK.
April 7, 201511 yr Heard that the TV viewership was higher last night than any championship game in the last 18 years. Something like a third higher than last year.
April 7, 201511 yr The reason I had referred to the UK-Calipari era in my original post is because I feel a belief has developed that UK has been the dominant program in men's basketball since Calipari arrived. And yet, Duke has won 2 national titles during Calipari's time at UK. And UConn has won two as well. If judging by the ultimate goal (and it's fair to), then no, UK has not been the dominant program. If judging by the entirety of accomplishments, there can be no doubt in this timeframe that UK has been. Kentucky has been to four Final Fours. No one else has been to more than two. Without looking it up, I am fairly certain no one has won more games over the timeframe. But again, it is fair to take the titles as the top billing, but I would also guess that no one (or I guess, not many) would label UConn as more dominant during this time than Kentucky.
April 7, 201511 yr Thank you all for the congrats!!! It's been a very fun year and one of the most enjoyable Duke championship runs that I have seen them have. I'm truly geeked right now. I love those Dukies!!!!! What a year. Wow. Wow. You are very welcome. I can't stand Duke but I will give credit where it's due. There are others I like less than Duke and have given congrats before. Just don't expect a lot of Duke compliments and/or congrats unless you win it all again. :thumb:
April 7, 201511 yr This was the first national title game I can remember where I didn't watch a second. Didn't know who had won until this morning. Wasn't anything against either team, just had no desire to see a title game this year that didn't have Kentucky in it. Congrats to PP92 and Grizzly and any other Duke fans on here. Hell of a season, and very happy for you guys! Enjoy it! I felt the same way and am still stinging from the U.K. loss. I decided to dvr the game live. My wife and I watched a couple of our favorite programs and I decided to watch it later. I love college basketball and and have watched every minute of every game that I could since I don't know how long. March Madness is my favorite sporting event of the year but it I do admit that it was tough to watch the final in this one.
April 8, 201511 yr You are very welcome. I can't stand Duke but I will give credit where it's due. There are others I like less than Duke and have given congrats before. Just don't expect a lot of Duke compliments and/or congrats unless you win it all again. :thumb: Deal. :thumb:
April 8, 201511 yr Deal. :thumb: You've racked up so far this year. Boyle Co., now Duke. Who is your MLB team?, you are batting a nice % right now. Too bad summer is the worst sports season of the year.
April 8, 201511 yr Finally got around to it, here is my album of all pictures to the game. It was exactly 100 oddly enough. link
April 8, 201511 yr Duke will win another title before UK will. That is my humble oppinion, but I'm pretty sure it's a good one. Cal will go to the NBA.
April 8, 201511 yr And UConn has won two as well. If judging by the ultimate goal (and it's fair to), then no, UK has not been the dominant program. If judging by the entirety of accomplishments, there can be no doubt in this timeframe that UK has been. Kentucky has been to four Final Fours. No one else has been to more than two. Without looking it up, I am fairly certain no one has won more games over the timeframe. But again, it is fair to take the titles as the top billing, but I would also guess that no one (or I guess, not many) would label UConn as more dominant during this time than Kentucky. I personally don't base how many players get drafted in the first round as being a dominant program, but if Coach Cal was a member of BGP, he'd sure mention it. So I will for him.
April 8, 201511 yr You've racked up so far this year. Boyle Co., now Duke. Who is your MLB team?, you are batting a nice % right now. Too bad summer is the worst sports season of the year. I don't follow baseball that close anymore now that steroids are banned. I peak in from time to time but I don't follow it closely enough to claim a team. High school and college basketball have been a whole lot of fun for me this season for sure. Maybe the Lakers will win the lottery to cap off basketball success for me at all levels. :lol2:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.