Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 68 Wisconsin 63

Featured Replies

  • Replies 125
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grayson Allen is one of the best I have ever seen at fouling himself.

Cal "built UK from scratch" in like 6 weeks on the job. Stop...

 

So he could have taken just what Gillispie left and been fine? He didn't have to take on guys like Stevenson or run off Euton and his sweet skullet? The program was a mess when he took it.

Now a 2 hour drive home. Gonna be much easier than if Duke lost.

 

Be careful, homey!!!!!

I certainly agree on there was a couple or so very bad calls (one no call) that went in Dukes favor down the stretch. I don't however feel that is what won the game, Duke's Freshmen Guards outstanding play imo were the main factors in the Duke win, not bad calls. I, in fairness also saw a few of what I thought were bad calls go against Duke.

This falls in the "if a frog had wings then he wouldn't bump his ....you know the rest" category but I do have to say it - Man, I just wish that Wisconsin would had played like in this game, made some of the same mistakes that they made tonight vs. U.K. on Saturday. ..... But they didn't ...:banghead: :idunno:

@CraigSagerJr Vegas is the real winner this season. They would've taken huge hits if Kentucky ran the table. #VegasAlwaysWins

I certainly agree on there was a couple or so very bad calls (one no call) that went in Dukes favor down the stretch. I don't however feel that is what won the game, Duke's Freshmen Guards outstanding play imo were the main factors in the Duke win, not bad calls. I, in fairness also saw a few of what I thought were bad calls go against Duke.

 

Wisconsin played like that because Duke's defense made them. Never thought when the tourney started that Duke's defense would get them the title instead of UK's defense getting it for the Cats.

 

Also .. rebounds Duke 33 Wisconsin 33

Thank you all for the congrats!!! It's been a very fun year and one of the most enjoyable Duke championship runs that I have seen them have. I'm truly geeked right now. I love those Dukies!!!!! What a year. Wow.

 

 

Wow.

First and formost I made it home safely and glad I took off tomorrow.

 

Second, thanks to all the congrats and kind words. Tonight was on of the best nights of my life and it was all thanks to @Hellbird :lol2:

Alright, let's get into this before I crash into my bed. Just to get it out of the way officiating was garbage, but it was garbage both ways. Seeing a game in person is so different than on TV, thats for sure. This couldnt have been a better game to attend, overall just a great experience.

 

I'll work on trying to upload my pictures tomorrow so ya'll can check em out. Unreal how many Wisconsin fans were there. In the section I was in, of the 50 fans I would say about 40 of em were wearing red.

 

The first half was chaos. Exactly what I was hoping for. Back and forth and going into half time tied. Second half started and Wisconsin couldnt miss a shot. This is where I started to get really nervous and no longer have finger nails. Then, realized at how many times this year Duke had been down in the second half and Tyus Jones does dirty things to bring Duke back. Down 9 I think it was and to watch them battle back was quite something else. Guard play was something else for the Dukies tonight. Okafor was a non factor most of the game as was Winslow. The shots that fell all year just weren't falling for em tonight which worried me quite a bit. Greyson Allen, that boy is something else. If you had to guess a freshmen would carry them and bring them back he would have been last on the list. Can't wait to see him and Kennard next year.

 

I'll make some more side notes in the next post but I am one happy guy tonight and couldn't be more proud of my boys. We we're off everyone's radar all year thanks to the UK spotlight. In the end it makes no different to me because they are National Champs and I love it!

Some side notes and tidbits from me for the night.

 

All In nailed Greyson Allen. Kid is going to be a flat out stud and I can't wait to see what he does in the next couple of years.

 

Tyus Jones, how many dagger shots did he have this year? Goodness I'm gonna miss that kid.

 

Was speaking to another set of Duke fans, and while it's all opinion of course we were talking about losing to ND in the ACC tournament. How Duke was on a very solid stretch of wins and I think the loss refocused them.

 

Duke is gonna lose pretty much all of their core players after tonight. Tyus, Winslow, Okafor and Cook will all be gone after tonight and that's going to sting a bit.

 

I met Christian Laettner and that was awesome.

 

I think the National Championship game should be held in Indy every year.

 

Coach K, well he's a pretty good coach and I hope he sticks around for another 100 years.

 

This is the first Duke thread all year that @PurplePride92 hasn't said Duke sucks.

 

When is the last time a team beat the teams they played in the Final Four where they also beat them in the regular season?

 

Fantasy matchup between Duke/UK this year, I'll take my Dukies :D Please don't let that de-rail the thread it was a joke.

Edited by GrizzlyAdams

Congrats to Duke and all their fans! Had to bag it at half, knew I was going to regret it. Sounds like it was a war the entire game up to the end.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.