New Reds Third Basemen

Why? What's the big deal? They aren't going to really play the game normal at the point right? I guess it's kind of silly but if it's for charity I'm game.

I don't think it is a big deal. I'm not planning on picketing or writing a letter to the Commissioner, I simply think it is dumb. If it was just one team, in one game, like a Garth Brooks a few years ago, I probably wouldn't have even cared enough to post "dumb", but this traveling side-show and moving around positions...just dumb (in my opinion).

The charity aspect makes me laugh a little -- Will Farrell (whose movies I love, by the way) could scratch a 7-figure check for a charity and not have to even write it down in his ledger.

In the grand scheme, it matters about "this much" (imagine pinching your pointer finger and thumb tightly together) to me, I simply think it is dumb.

Glad that he's doing it for charity, but put me in the (I'm sure very small) group that can't stand the guy as an actor. Honestly, I'd rather have Charlie Sheen pitching for the Reds.

I like him in some stuff (Ricky Bobby, Old School and Anchorman) but I find some of his stuff almost unwatchable.

I don't think it is a big deal. I'm not planning on picketing or writing a letter to the Commissioner, I simply think it is dumb. If it was just one team, in one game, like a Garth Brooks a few years ago, I probably wouldn't have even cared enough to post "dumb", but this traveling side-show and moving around positions...just dumb (in my opinion).

The charity aspect makes me laugh a little -- Will Farrell (whose movies I love, by the way) could scratch a 7-figure check for a charity and not have to even write it down in his ledger.

In the grand scheme, it matters about "this much" (imagine pinching your pointer finger and thumb tightly together) to me, I simply think it is dumb.

I gotcha, I was just curious. :thumb:

BOOM!!!!

John Madden just WENT OFF on Will Ferrell -- ripping the guy over his MLB Spring Training stunt ... saying it was disrespectful and insulting to the game of baseball ... and yes, he's being serious.

The NFL legend called in to KCBS Morning Newswatch right before Ferrell took the field with 10 MLB teams in Arizona yesterday ... and essentially said the stunt robbed real players of REAL opportunities and made a mockery of the game.

"I hate it," Madden said of the stunt ... "That's a lack of respect for the game and for what players have to do to get where they are."

Unclear if Madden knew Ferrell's antics were part of a charity fundraiser that helped to benefit multiple cancer organizations.

Still, probably shouldn't count on a Madden cameo in Ferrell's next flick.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com

BOOM!!!!

John Madden just WENT OFF on Will Ferrell -- ripping the guy over his MLB Spring Training stunt ... saying it was disrespectful and insulting to the game of baseball ... and yes, he's being serious.

The NFL legend called in to KCBS Morning Newswatch right before Ferrell took the field with 10 MLB teams in Arizona yesterday ... and essentially said the stunt robbed real players of REAL opportunities and made a mockery of the game.

"I hate it," Madden said of the stunt ... "That's a lack of respect for the game and for what players have to do to get where they are."

Unclear if Madden knew Ferrell's antics were part of a charity fundraiser that helped to benefit multiple cancer organizations.

I just saw Frank Caliendo last Saturday night. He now has more material for his act...

Madden needs to get over himself. It is spring training games and the teams had to be OK with it for it to happen and it generated money for charity.

BOOM!!!!

I agree.