9th region BOKC

IMO: The 9th region tournament needs to be in a high school gym. Although the BOKC is very nice easy in easy out lots of room its just not a good atmosphere for high school basketball or at least not for the girls.

IMO: The 9th region tournament needs to be in a high school gym. Although the BOKC is very nice easy in easy out lots of room its just not a good atmosphere for high school basketball or at least not for the girls.

Boys too. They hardly get crowds too. Depends on the game. IMO having games at the BOK takes away the high school atmosphere playing in front of a half empty arena.

Boys too. They hardly get crowds too. Depends on the game. IMO having games at the BOK takes away the high school atmosphere playing in front of a half empty arena.

The Boys crowds for opening doubleheaders and semis would not fit in any high school gym. I dare say the CovCath vs NCC semi had quite the atmosphere last year even though it was played at Noon on a Sunday. The Holmes vs CovCath games have had nice atmospheres.

There is give and take in both types of venues. I personally do not miss getting in line outside at Conner 90 minutes before tipoff and hoping to get into a Regional Final. But I don't like everything about the BOKC either.

The Boys crowds for opening doubleheaders and semis would not fit in any high school gym. I dare say the CovCath vs NCC semi had quite the atmosphere last year even though it was played at Noon on a Sunday. The Holmes vs CovCath games have had nice atmospheres.

There is give and take in both types of venues. I personally do not miss getting in line outside at Conner 90 minutes before tipoff and hoping to get into a Regional Final. But I don't like everything about the BOKC either.

I said it depends on the game..

I said it depends on the game..

Yeah but you will have Title IX problems if you put Girls in a high school gym and Boys in the BOKC.

Personally I think a compromise would be to allow District winners to host a District loser in their own gym.

Then move the semis and finals to a bigger venue. It would put some bark back into winning a District since you would get Home court advantage.

Yeah but you will have Title IX problems if you put Girls in a high school gym and Boys in the BOKC.

Personally I think a compromise would be to allow District winners to host a District loser in their own gym.

Then move the semis and finals to a bigger venue. It would put some bark back into winning a District since you would get Home court advantage.

That's not a bad idea. Something needs to change no way could I have sit there and watch Ryle Holmes which was less then exciting and be fired up ready to play at 8 in that atmosphere.

I actually like that idea!!

First round games usually don't get a huge crowd like the semi finals and finals do.

But in reality, I doubt that will happen.

Am I the only one that does not like the idea of playing games on Sundays in the early afternoon? I understand the separation of church and state but with so many catholic schools, wouldn't it be more appropriate to play games in the mid to late afternoon?

Am I the only one that does not like the idea of playing games on Sundays in the early afternoon? I understand the separation of church and state but with so many catholic schools, wouldn't it be more appropriate to play games in the mid to late afternoon?

Since there are plenty of options for Saturday mass in NoKy, is this really that much of an issue? And with it being wintertime, how much difference is there between "early afternoon" and "mid-afternoon" and "late afternoon?" How much difference is there between 1 and 2 pm?

Since there are plenty of options for Saturday mass in NoKy, is this really that much of an issue? And with it being wintertime, how much difference is there between "early afternoon" and "mid-afternoon" and "late afternoon?" How much difference is there between 1 and 2 pm?

About an hour.. Sorry had to.