Scott County to get new High School in Fall of 2017

Rainman11

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct Garth was one of the many Grade Schools in SC. When all the Grade Schools consolidated Oxford, Sadieville, Great Crossing, Ed Davis, Garth, etc, two high schools were built, some kids went to SCHS and some kids went to GHS. Most of Garth's kids were districted to Georgetown High School.

The former Garth High School is the current Garth Elementary School.

The former Georgetown High School is the Current Georgetown Middle School.

Very Creative.

Thanks

The Toyota part is a no brainer and the tattletale part will come in down the road when the new high school believes the current high school is playing games with student athletes.

What will be most interesting to me is the politics involved in deciding who will be the Principal and major sports coaches at the new high school. In other words, will they choose people that will play ball with the current political landscape or will hire the best candidates for the open positions which will undeniably lead to issues between the two schools.

:popcorn:

Another interested component will be that the new school will be a 2A school in phase 1, from my calculations this will not effect SCHS being 6A. But when phase 2 comes in approx. 2018 it could make both SCHS and the new high school around 4A/5A teams which will definitely change the landscape a bit.

Another interested component will be that the new school will be a 2A school in phase 1, from my calculations this will not effect SCHS being 6A. But when phase 2 comes in approx. 2018 it could make both SCHS and the new high school around 4A/5A teams which will definitely change the landscape a bit.

Interesting. I didn't know they were doing it that way. South Warren and Thomas Nelson have both followed the phase-in method in recent years with various degrees of athletic success (or lack of).