Mat Latos Speaks Out About The Reds Clubhouse

LOOGY

Sure there are...

1. Homer walks out to the mound (when Latos is up to bat" with a rope in hand.

2. Chapman starts a game Latos is pitching (yes I said Chapman Start a game) just to buzz on past his head. Or heck just plunk him in the back one time at 103. That should end the issue right?

Sure would start one hell of a donnybrook, might light a fire under the Reds for once. I think I'd pay to see that.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Off the field, I've never really cared for Latos. On the field, though, he was (is) a competitor. He was always the first pitcher to stick up for his teammates & bean somebody else. I like that type of attitude on the mound.

With that said, he certainly seems to have burned some bridges. Good riddance...

My feelings exactly.

Or maybe where there is smoke there is fire. Bruce, Latos, Votto and Marshall suggests a pattern if true.

I wouldn't include Bruce on the list. He wasn't rushed back. From what I recall his was a "you won't do more damage, but it won't fully heal either" if you play on it. He chose to play because of the situation.

Im hoping theres a brawl in the first Marlins vs Reds game. Tensions will be high.

I imagine it will be interesting the first time Latos comes to the plate, with Pena catching. I dare him to tap the shin guards a la Brandon Phillips and Yadier Molina. Prior to today, I would've thought Pena would be the last Red to get involved with anything, but not after those comments.

I liked Pena before....I like him even more today.

How about the other 10 guys that were injured that turned out OK? That suggests a pattern as well.

Who? BP came back too soon in 13 too. Cueto too the year he kept missing with the side/back issue. All their best players except for possibly Meso and Chapman had issues that I can recall. I know I'm missing some for sure just trying to remember.

They also gave Ryan Madson an 8 million dollar one year deal and shut him down March 24th for the season. That would seemingly suggest they either didn't check his arm or they missed the problem if they did check it.

I wouldn't include Bruce on the list. He wasn't rushed back. From what I recall his was a "you won't do more damage, but it won't fully heal either" if you play on it. He chose to play because of the situation.

So he came back too early and didn't let it fully heal?

Yep. That's on the player though.

I think we're somewhat guessing here, but I don't think that falls fully on the player. Who knows what he was told and if what he was told was 100% the truth. For sure we have Votto playing an All Star game in 2012 he shouldn't have then getting re-injured trying to get back after surgery. We have Latos saying he was brought back too early with his knee issue. We also have Bruce coming back before his knee was fully recovered, possibly b/c he couldn't damage it worse, but then being a shell of the player he usually is. Where is Latos wrong then as far as the medical staff?